New Content November IOTM - Cookbookbat

Tombot

The current Item managers seem to struggle with the food cookbookbat food items, when I try to bring up their descriptions it just gives me whatever the first item in the list is instead.

Magus_Prime

The consumption of each of the three <fill in the blank> of Legend food is limited to once per ascension.

When using the item manager pane to choose what to eat the "of Legend" food is still listed even if it has already been consumed in the current ascension although it can not be consumed or enqueued.

Would it make sense to suppress the appearance of those items in this case?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
You CAN make them, even though you can't consume them.
They are not tradable, so the only use would be pulling them in a future run.
Or just eating them in a casual run. I wouldn't know, having never done one.

I'd be happy if we did not display them in the Food panel, once you have eaten them.
If they still show up in the Creatable panel, that would be good enough.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
r27212 will not show Legendary foods in the Food pane of the Item Manager if you have eaten one this ascension, even if you have the ingredients to create one. You can still create them in the Creatable and Cookable panels.

Tombot

So people know that they can't actually eat one, but it would be an option otherwise, that way people don't think it's a bug that it doesn't show up in the list of food.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
You cannot consume it.
How is it helpful to show up on a “consumable” panel?
You can create it.
It shows up on the “creatable” panel.
What is the problem?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Let’s look at how other people use KoLmafia.

Having a split “enqueue” and “dequeue” panel is a preference.

lostcalpolydude wants only the former. I want both.

If all you want to see is only items you can use NOW, who cares about items you can create and not consume?

If removing Legend items you have already consumed from items you can queue/consume helps people who only care about the latter, what’s the problem?

People who want to create can go to the Creatables panel.

Erosion

I was doing a run today and found out that there were no prefs for cookbookbat combat tracking.
May want some of these:
cookbatQuestMonster: will declare a monster to gather ingredients from. CBB will declare a zone, but that doesn't really matter*.
cookbatQuestTimer: after every 5 combats (win/lose/runaway), CBB will declare a new monster to hunt, unless you're in the recommended snarfblat, in which case it will not progress the timer. Probably not necessary.
cookbatFightsUntilDrop: drops 3 seeded ingredients after every 11th victory. Simplest, most ascension-relevant.