New Content - Implemented November 2012 IoTM - Nanorhino

Catch-22

Unknown item found: deactivated nanobots (5910, 842083746)
--------------------
5910 deactivated nanobots 842083746 nanobox.gif grow t 0
deactivated nanobots Free Pull
--------------------
New familiar: "Nanorhino" (167) @ nanorhino.gif

This is all I have so far.

mstieler

Unknown item found: nanorhino credit card (5911, 776155074)
--------------------
5911 nanorhino credit card 776155074 littlecard.gif familiar t,d 75
# nanorhino credit card: Helps your Nano-Rhino charge
--------------------
You acquire an item: nanorhino credit card

Unsure what else would be needed for Mafia; so far, it looks to give you a buff depending on what skills you use in combat (a la Juju Mask) that last for 50 advs (Muscle skill to trigger Nanobrawny [+25% muscle, +10 weapon damage, regen 4-5 HP per adv], Myst skill to trigger Nanobrainy [+50% Myst, +20 Spell Damage, regen 2-4 MP per adv], Mox skill to trigger Nanoballsy [+25% Mox, +20% Init, +30% pickpocket chance]).

While you have the buff, you can consume it in combat [Unleash Nanites, 0 MP] to do one of three things, depending on what buff you have:
*Myst changes the monster you're fighting into a partially-scaling monster (somewhat like slime tube, only based on level as opposed to ML, something like level 1-4 fights one type, level 5-8 another, etc., each with it's own set of manuel info from my understanding)
*Mox does a Yellow Ray, complete with 150 advs of Everything Looks Yellow
*Muscle Banishes the monser, along the lines of Banishing Shout, only one monster max (perma-banish until the skill is used again)
Using Unleash Nanites consumes the buff entirely.

The Rhino gets a 2% charge (or 3% with equip) for every combat won (i.e. not banished/ran away from/lost/etc.); at 100% you can get a new buff from it.

Edit: Rhino combat abilities
Delevels by Wt/2 (floored) at the start of combat
Attacks every round of combat, though I'm having a hard time figuring out how damage is calculated. It deals damage in any of the 5 elements or non-elemental, and isn't tuned, but is "smart". It doesn't automatically deal the most damage, but it won't do a sleaze attack vs. a sleaze monster.

Edit 2: Could Mafia parse how charged the Rhino is from combat text and list that underneath it when it's the active familiar?

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Fully charged is already tracked. Check "$familiar[nanorhino].image" for that information. It is animated when the rhino is fully charged. Isn't that good enough?

Bale

Minion
Hah didn't know you could do that, thanks for the tip Bale

You're welcome. That feature was originally implemented for the Happy Medium, but it works here also and will work with any future familiars that change their image.