Feature notifications.

2 things.
First, it would be nice if there was a way to write to the status bar (not sure what the technical name is called, the bar on the Adventure tab) besides through abort()... as I would prefer that the script continue :p

Second, when minimized to tray, every green message (and then some) causes a balloon to appear. Some or more useful than others, would it be possible to make it an option as to which types of notifications warrant a balloon? I understand that could be like an entire FIELD of options, but maybe just group them into classes and pick which classes get displayed? Just a thought. [currently I have a bot that frequently receives kmails and having that popup every few seconds is slowly picking away at my insanity.]

StDoodle

Minion
Regarding the first:

There's a way, but it's a little convoluted, so bear with me. Using the "ash" cli command will cause the return value of your statement to echo on the status bar. To use this inside a script, you'd have to use cli_execute() to use ash to call the cli to call ash. If you type this in your script:
Code:
cli_execute("ash string s = 'this works';");
The status bar will say "Returned: this works"

Fast fix

Well, I don't know how to "apply" or whatever to be allowed to submit changes to the system, but I did fashion myself a few changes to allow this.

First: gCLI command "statbar" to edit the status bar.
Second: ash command "status_bar" to acheive the same thing.

Thought I'd just stick this here in case anyone else wanted to take a gander.

Attachments

• StatBar.patch
    3.9 KB · Views: 31