Not! Solved: cursor skipping around in mall search

I'm looking for other users to join me with their computer info to hopefully get this resolved.

In the mall search pane type in hot wad, then try to change it to cold wad by highlighting only the word hot and typing in cold. you will find yourself with "c wadold" unless you type very fast because the cursor will jump to the end after every keypress.

My info:
daily builds verified not affected: 5387 and before
versions verified not affected: 11.8 and before

daily builds verified affected: 5562, 5715, 6031, 6089, 6094, 6096, 6109
versions verified affected: 12.3

Window XP Pro service pack 2
Sun Java Standard Edition 6
version 1.6.0 (build 1.6.0_01-b06)

For purposes of testing I unplugged my keyboard, and used the on screen keyboard with the same results.

If you can test this and find it to be true, please post your info here because Holatuwol tried it on her machine and found it not to be the case.

Between builds 5387 and 5562 this bug came to light, I was not online during this period.

Edit:The only input box I have found to be affected is the mall search "item to find", the "Limit" is not affected. Item manager filters are not affected etc

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Re: cursor skipping around in mall search

I just tested this, and I did NOT experience this problem.

OSX 10.4.11
Build 6114
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_13-b05-241)

dangerpin

6116 I did not experience this issue.

Running XP Pro SP2
Sun Java 1.6.0.30

a second look revealed "Java Update was last run at 7:18 PM on 4/6/07" So I thought maybe that was the problem.

updated Java to version 6 Update 5 (build 1.6.0_05-b13)

Problem remains, but kolmafia runs a little faster.

Edit: Problem persists in version 6118

Edit2: I just hopped, and jumped my way through daily builds going all the way back to Daily Build 5393 running directly from their forum post, not logged in, and the results were that all versions were affected. Then I decided to try 5387 in the same way, and got the same cursor skipping.

Put 5387 (from here) in a new folder no skipping, put 6118 in that folder, skipping returns, put 6118 in a new folder, no skipping.

Somethings weird, but I guess that would be problem solved.

And Editing again.

Preferences >General with "Cache mall search terms in mall search interface" checked we have a moving cursor. Un-check it, and we do not. I noticed the setting when setting up a new folder, and what the name implied sounded interesting so I checked it. Problem returned. Un-check and restart problem gone.