Bug - Not A Bug Non-active channels are not updated when posting in them in "Loathing Chat" window

Winterbay

Non-active channels are not updated when posting in them in "Loathing Chat" window

This was reported in this thread but since that thread was not really about that I felt a new thread may be a good idea.

I have Loathing Chat set up to launch as a starting window and am currently listening to 6 channels. Normally I can just switch to another tab and post something in there but as of lately when trying that nothing happens. Staying in another channel and typing "/clan hello" will make the clan-chat light up but nothing is shown in it.

Doing the same in the relay browser chat window leads to the same behaviour but the message is visible in the browser. Posting by any of the two first mentioned methods into clan chat while having the relay browser chat open shows that the messages indeed get posted but that they just never show up in Mafia's tabbed chat.

The same can be seen when doing chat commands that normall show up in all channels and the event tab. They now only show up in the active channle and light up the even tab but never print anything to it.

Bale

Minion
Does this happen only when chat is set up to launch as a starting window?

I'm unclear about switching tabs. Is there no action from clicking on a tab, or does it switch to the tab, but display a blank window?

Winterbay

I've only ever had chat launch as a starting window so have never known otherwise, but it did work not that long ago so it's definitely something that has changed (either in mafia's code or on KoL's end or any combination thereof).

When I click another tab it switches to that tab and shows me the things that others have been saying and are saying so it updates just perfectly for everything that others do, it just refuses to show my things. And as stated the "events" tab doesn't update with green things that I initiate either (/whois, /count and so on).

Edit: Ok this is annoying. My day generally is played by me logging in my farming multi and then logging out and back in again with my main. Today I tested chatting a bit with my multi and everything works just fine, but when I log in again with my main (without closing Mafia) the abovementioned problems start. Stupid problems.

Last edited:

LevelZero

I have this issue as well and it only occurs when you log out of KoL (but do not quit Mafia) and log back in. It will actually show the chat log of the previous session and after that no longer refresh any chat windows. I'll do a quick test to see at which revision it started to occur.

EDIT: just tested. This issue did not occur yet in the hourly build of r9964, but it does occur in r9970 (and all builds since)

EDIT2: From looking at the SVN commits, I think either r9966 (logout change) or r9967 (change in chat) caused this issue (or maybe a combination of both)

EDIT3: Not sure if this is significant, but based on the order my Win7 machine shows the windows, it looks like the chat window is actually loaded BEFORE the main interface now. When I tested r9964, those two windows were loaded the other way around (first main interface, then chat).

Last edited:

Winterbay

I have this issue as well and it only occurs when you log out of KoL (but do not quit Mafia) and log back in. It will actually show the chat log of the previous session and after that no longer refresh any chat windows. I'll do a quick test to see at which revision it started to occur.

Ohh nice find. I sometimes forcefully exit Mafia and let the session expire before logging back in again (mainly for reasons of me doing something stupid) and after doing that this problem seems to crop up. If I exit Mafia normally it works fine. It is now working as it should and I have a possible work around should it crop up again. Thanks.