Bug - Not A Bug No pickpocket available to accordion thief

bsander

I'm currently playing as an accordion thief, normal ascension (still in ronin) and on a trendy path. In KoLmafia, the pickpocket skill is not available to me. It doesn't show up in my available skills list, and it doesn't get used in combat even though the pickpocket action is configured. When I play kol regularly, without using KoLmafia, the skill is normally available to me.

I'm running the latest build as of now (r10016).

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
It doesn't show up in my available skills list
Is this the skill list based on typing "skills" in the CLI? That list never shows it. If it's the list in the relay browser, then that's a KoL issue (or possibly user error) because mafia doesn't generate that. If it's something else, then elaborate. It's probably worth saying whether you're using the Combat Action Bar or not, and if you are then you can also check the old combat form.

and it doesn't get used in combat even though the pickpocket action is configured.
Does this mean that you are automating turns? What is the Action field set to? If it is set to "custom combat script", does your CCS include "special"?

When I play kol regularly, without using KoLmafia, the skill is normally available to me.
Like the mafia case, which list are you checking outside of mafia?

bsander

Is this the skill list based on typing "skills" in the CLI? That list never shows it. If it's the list in the relay browser, then that's a KoL issue (or possibly user error) because mafia doesn't generate that. If it's something else, then elaborate. It's probably worth saying whether you're using the Combat Action Bar or not, and if you are then you can also check the old combat form.

It's the list that shows when I check the "Available Skills" option in the "Player Status" view. That list is probably generated the same way though. I was using the combat action bar, and when I disable that the pickpocket action does show up in by adventures in the relay browser (so thanks for that). However, I just finished a run as a Disco Bandit on the 14.8 release, and had no issues using pickpocket in KoLmafia, with the Combat action bar, during that run.

Does this mean that you are automating turns? What is the Action field set to? If it is set to "custom combat script", does your CCS include "special"?
No CCS, just "Attack with weapon" with pp enabled (it does show up there, it just never fired when I checked a combat log in the CLI).

Like the mafia case, which list are you checking outside of mafia?
No list, I was referring to its presence in the combat action bar.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
You're saying that you added pickpocket to your CAB and it's just gone from there when you log in through mafia? That's very strange. It isn't even grayed out? If it's just grayed out, are you sure you didn't have auto-attack enabled?

If you're manually adventuring in the relay browser, then the Action setting shouldn't matter. If you enabled Pickpocket in the Special field, then maybe mafia set your auto-attack to pickpocket and that's why it's already disabled when the page loads.

bsander

Well I didn't explicitly add it to the CAB, but it was just not present in the Skills dropdown icon (so yeah, it wasn't even disabled). Also when autoadventuring, mafia didn't actually pickpocket enemies, even though I had the option enabled. Now however, when re-enabling the CAB, it shows up as normal in the relay browser, and also while autoadventuring, so I'm not sure how reproduceable this problem is. Kinda looks like mafia picked up that the skill is available to me once I used it successfully via the relay browser (when I disabled the CAB)..

bsander

Yeah maybe. I did see the pickpocket action being available in the CAB when I did a normal login though. Might this have something to do with me being on a trendy path, and therefore mafia filtering out pp as a skill it might consider not fashionable?

If not, then it's probably a fluke, and we can consider this closed until maybe one day I can reproduce it..

Thanks for the help!

slyz

Developer
When you are auto-adventuring with "auto-steal" on or with "try to steal an item" in your CCS, Mafia only pickpockets if you have a good chance to dodge the monster, and if the monster has at least one pickpocketable, non-guaranteed drop.

bsander

Not sure why this needed to be necro'd, but you can use "pickpocket" (with the quotes included) in your CCS and mafia will just pass it on to KoL instead of interpreting it (you'll see it won't translate to "try to steal an item" in your CCS)