Next official build ETA??

GWStraker

The last official build is dated July of 2020. There have been so many new items added since that time that it takes 2-3 minutes for Mafia to open as it 'looks' at all of the new items. Additionally, the game runs so slow that I have had to stop using Mafia and just log into www.kingdomofloathing.com to do anything.

I see all of these unofficial build notices and have re-downloaded 20.7, but it still runs the same. Is there another updated file I can use that is more up to date?

Thanks!

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
You know, I finally installed the Azul JDK for Java 16 for my M1 Mac Mini.
Having gotten past that little bit of laziness/unmotivation, I should be able to get back to developing here.
I'll spin a new release, by and by. There is at least one crippling bug in the current source.
It will be fixed soon, we hope. :)

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
The last official build is dated July of 2020. There have been so many new items added since that time that it takes 2-3 minutes for Mafia to open as it 'looks' at all of the new items. Additionally, the game runs so slow that I have had to stop using Mafia and just log into www.kingdomofloathing.com to do anything.

I see all of these unofficial build notices and have re-downloaded 20.7, but it still runs the same. Is there another updated file I can use that is more up to date?

Thanks!
I don't know when the next official build is, but many people are comfortable using the daily builds from https://ci.kolmafia.us. You may want to try one of those.

gausie

D̰͕̝͚̤̥̙̐̇̑͗̒e͍͔͎͈͔ͥ̉̔̅́̈l̠̪̜͓̲ͧ̍̈́͛v̻̾ͤe͗̃ͥ̐̊ͬp̔͒ͪ
Staff member
Just as an update here, we (the core dev team) are unlikely to continue the practice of releasing "official" builds and instead point people towards our continuously deployed builds.