Next official build ETA??

GWStraker

The last official build is dated July of 2020. There have been so many new items added since that time that it takes 2-3 minutes for Mafia to open as it 'looks' at all of the new items. Additionally, the game runs so slow that I have had to stop using Mafia and just log into www.kingdomofloathing.com to do anything.

I see all of these unofficial build notices and have re-downloaded 20.7, but it still runs the same. Is there another updated file I can use that is more up to date?

Thanks!

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
You know, I finally installed the Azul JDK for Java 16 for my M1 Mac Mini.
Having gotten past that little bit of laziness/unmotivation, I should be able to get back to developing here.
I'll spin a new release, by and by. There is at least one crippling bug in the current source.
It will be fixed soon, we hope. :)

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
The last official build is dated July of 2020. There have been so many new items added since that time that it takes 2-3 minutes for Mafia to open as it 'looks' at all of the new items. Additionally, the game runs so slow that I have had to stop using Mafia and just log into www.kingdomofloathing.com to do anything.

I see all of these unofficial build notices and have re-downloaded 20.7, but it still runs the same. Is there another updated file I can use that is more up to date?

Thanks!
I don't know when the next official build is, but many people are comfortable using the daily builds from https://ci.kolmafia.us. You may want to try one of those.