New Content - Implemented New tomes limit

xKiv

According to the newest (non)trivial update, characters in aftercore (or out of ronin) can now summon 3 times from each tome.
I personally verified this for the aftercore condition (5 tomes).

For mafia, this means that the tomes-summon counter is no longer always shared. Mafia shouldn't prevent summoning from other tomes just because I already summoned 3 times from one. It also probably means separate counter for each tome (but keep the total counter for in-run use?).

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
11534 allows 3 summons from each tome. Breakfast is unchanged, but it's possible that people changing the setting to All Tome Skills is sufficient.

slyz

Developer
r11535 automatically sets Breakfast to cast all tome summons out of Hardcore/Ronin and removes the dropdown in the appropriate Options panel.

This is untested.

HasteBro

Quick question, how does mafia handle Clip Art summons? I've looked everywhere in mafia, including settings files, and only found the summon counter for it.

Also, how would the automatic aftercore summon handle Clip Art?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Quick question, how does mafia handle Clip Art summons? I've looked everywhere in mafia, including settings files, and only found the summon counter for it.

You can "make [clip art item]" and mafia will take care of it. You can have a loginScript to specify which items to make if you want. Mafia won't use clip art for you on its own.

Bale

Minion

Something like this:

Code:
boolean clip_mall() {
	int tomeLeft = 3- get_property("_clipartSummons").to_int();
	if(!have_skill($skill[Summon Clip Art]) || tomeLeft < 1) return false;
	if(tomeLeft < 1) return false;
	item [int] clip;
	for i from 5224 to 5283
		clip[count(clip)] = to_item(i);
	sort clip by -(historical_age(value) > .125? mall_price(value): historical_price(value));
	create(tomeLeft, clip[0]);
	print("Sell "+tomeLeft+" "+(tomeLeft > 1? to_plural(clip[0]):clip[0])+" @ "+historical_price(clip[0]), "blue");
	return put_shop(historical_price(clip[0]), 0, tomeLeft,  clip[0]);
}

put that in your login script. (Preferences -> Automation -> Login script)

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
Clip Art summons are considered like a concoction, ie something you craft, like a drink or a food.

You can create them without using CLI or ASH commands in the Item Manager -> creatable section.

Winterbay

Something like this:

Code:
boolean clip_mall() {
    int tomeLeft = 3- get_property("_clipartSummons").to_int();
    if(!have_skill($skill[Summon Clip Art]) || tomeLeft < 1) return false;
    if(tomeLeft < 1) return false;
    item [int] clip;
    for i from 5224 to 5283
        clip[count(clip)] = to_item(i);
    sort clip by -(historical_age(value) > .125? mall_price(value): historical_price(value));
    create(tomeLeft, clip[0]);
    print("Sell "+tomeLeft+" "+(tomeLeft > 1? to_plural(clip[0]):clip[0])+" @ "+historical_price(clip[0]), "blue");
    return put_shop(historical_price(clip[0]), 0, tomeLeft,  clip[0]);
}

put that in your login script. (Preferences -> Automation -> Login script)

Why check for tomeLeft < 1 twice? Is that really needed?

Catch-22

Why check for tomeLeft < 1 twice? Is that really needed?

I would assume the 2nd check Bale just forgot to remove when he realized it could be done with just one check. I tend to write logic like that sometimes; be as specific as possible, then boil it down to what actually needs to be checked.

HasteBro

Awesome code Bale, though, I'm not 100% sure the top priced sell that well (they're the very situational combat items). But I'll have a go at it. If anything, I'll exclude those items from the list later.

Bale

Minion
Awesome code Bale, though, I'm not 100% sure the top priced sell that well (they're the very situational combat items). But I'll have a go at it. If anything, I'll exclude those items from the list later.

My experience is that they don't often sell quickly. But eventually they sell.

mstieler

I've been experiencing some issues with Mafia both not summoning all my Tome items and also not registering that I can still make Clip Art, while running r11535. I have Stickers, Sugar, Clip Art & Rad Libs; Mafia summons Rad Libs during Breakfast, and if I go to make a Bucket of Wine for a nightcap, it doesn't show under Booze in the Usable spot, or under Creatable (nor do other Clip Art summonables). Stickers & Sugar Sheets I haven't tested in Mafia, but I have just used "/cast 3 sugar" & "/cast 3 sticker" in chat, but it would be nice for them to be auto-summoned.

However, using "make bucket of wine" in the CLI will correctly summon one, as it did with the other Clip Art summons I did through the CLI.

Is there something wonky happening here, or just something I didn't notice I need to change?

slyz

Developer
The "summon all tomes" will happen only once the tomeSkillsSoftcore preference is set to "all".

You can do this manually by typing
Code:
set tomeSkillsSoftcore = all
in the gCLI, or simply by looking at the Preferences -> After Ronin panel.

Once the preference is set, you will have to re-run breakfast for Mafia to use your tome summons.

slyz

Developer
not registering that I can still make Clip Art, while running r11535.
I guess this line in ConcoctionDatabase.java should be expanded:
PHP:
ConcoctionDatabase.tomeLimit.total = 3 - Preferences.getInteger( "tomeSummons" );

MsNicole

Clip Art item creation after other tome summoning?

I'm currently running r11536 . In r11535, the note was made that "out of Ronin/Hardcore, automatically use all tome summons during breakfast." That's a great feature, but I'm finding that I can no longer create clip art items in the item manager.