New Content - Implemented New Icy Peak choice adventure

Ethelred

There is a new choice adventture called "It Was Then That a Hideous Monster Carried You", (528), at the Icy Peak. According to the thread at http://forums.kingdomofloathing.com/vb/showthread.php?t=187004 it has 2 choices, neither of which seem to do anything at the moment. However, it does abort mafia scripted adventuring. Could that choice adventure be added with a default choice so that mafia doesn't abort scripted adventuring at the Icy Peak. Thanks, in advance.

slyz

Developer
If you want to avoid the abort, you can type "set choiceAdventure528 = 1" so Mafia automatically picks the first choice instead of returning manual control.

Perhaps the devs will wait until the adventure is really implemented in KoL before adding Mafia handling.

Ethelred

Great, that's all I need. Thanks for the prompt reply. Didn't realize I could do that for "unknown" choices. That's sure to come in handy in the future.

Bale

Minion
That was yesterday. The choice adventure has been replaced. ;) Guess it'll never be added to KoLmafia's defaults now! Today you want to use:

set choiceAdventure530 = 1

I'm going to mark this request as rejected. It'd seem weird to add a choice adventure that no longer exists.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I did it anyway in revision 9280. Which might be a mistake, since the name of the adventure indicates something which didn't happen - but might, if they reintroduce it.