Native Windows (x86) KoLmafia.exe

dangerpin

When I run check_JET_build.ash it tells me that r11434 is available. But when I download and run the build I get r11427. I have tried downloading it with multiple browsers and even cleared caches to make sure my browser wasn't just giving me an old version. Anyone else having this problem? Is this a sourceforge issue or something to do with the build process?

Catch-22

When I run check_JET_build.ash it tells me that r11434 is available. But when I download and run the build I get r11427. I have tried downloading it with multiple browsers and even cleared caches to make sure my browser wasn't just giving me an old version. Anyone else having this problem? Is this a sourceforge issue or something to do with the build process?

I've noticed sometimes it takes a while for sourceforge to propagate large files to all the mirrors, certainly it is the case that the readme file (which contains the build information) is propagated faster than the KoLmafia.7z file and the rt.7z file propagates the slowest (sometimes a few hours). It's possible that the readme file was reporting the new version but the mirror was using an old version. Most of the time it only takes a few minutes for the mirrors to update themselves, perhaps something was broken though.

Currently, the KoLmafia.7z available from SourceForge is an empty archive.

Something definitely broke on my end, possibly the file was in use when the script tried to make the archive.

I'm currently on worse than dial-up internet, it's a task for me to even load the forums. Hopefully in about 12 hours from now I'll be able to fix it, and I'll make sure it's the correct/latest version.

Catch-22

The compiler was crashing. I've sorted it out now and r11441 should be up shortly. If you have any issues, try updating the runtimes. It looks like a few files changed in there recently.

just want to say thanks for this.

You're welcome :) I'm glad you like it.

Catch-22

I figure v15.5 is as good a time as any to drop support for the old update checking script, so anyone who was using that should upgrade to the new one if they haven't already. r11467 released today :)

Catch-22

I feel bad for you defending me too :(

On the other hand, I made some changes, so it shouldn't happen again.

Bale

Minion
Ouch. Now I feel bad for you feeling bad about my defending you. I shoulda just stuck with the initial defense and not tried to trifle with flaming. I suck at being a club. :(

Catch-22

Would there be any interest in an automatic updater for this build?

ie. Something which would update to the latest JET build and then run it?

dangerpin

I'm ok updating manually. Thanks again for your scripts and continued updates for this version. You have no idea how much I appreciate it.

Catch-22

This would be really useful to have.

When I get some extra time, I will try to write something up.

I just realized the last few builds haven't made their way to SourceForge, so it's currently stuck at r11538.

I've sent a PM to Hola to investigate, in the mean time, here's r11542 (Edit: Fixed!).

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
When I get some extra time, I will try to write something up.

I just realized the last few builds haven't made their way to SourceForge, so it's currently stuck at r11538.

I've sent a PM to Hola to investigate, in the mean time, here's r11542.

lost has taken over for V when it comes to actually building for and releasing to SourceForge. It may be that this was missed in the transition.

Catch-22

lost has taken over for V when it comes to actually building for and releasing to SourceForge. It may be that this was missed in the transition.

Turned out to be some undocumented change in how access rights are handled by SourceForge. Hola fixed it up and the latest release should be available now :)