My script suddenly stopped working

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
I have no idea how you're managing that, but there's clearly an extra space here, too:
Initializing session for gumpy13 ...

api.php is returning your username without a space. Either way, I am entirely unable to reproduce this.

Dumb potential fix: in KoLCharacter.reset( final String userName ), trim whitespace before doing anything else.

gumpy13x

I have no idea how you're managing that, but there's clearly an extra space here, too:

api.php is returning your username without a space. Either way, I am entirely unable to reproduce this.

Dumb potential fix: in KoLCharacter.reset( final String userName ), trim whitespace before doing anything else.
Removing the space at the end seems to have fixed the problem.

Thanks for the help!

MCroft

Developer
Staff member

Hmm. should we trim names or otherwise assure that they conform to KoL requirements?

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Yeah. We should probably either trim player name in LoginManager, or parse player name from api.php after login. The former is likely less invasive.