Bug - Not A Bug Multiple accounts - Rememeber Password

Zinc Saucier

A few builds ago how KOL Mafia changed the way it handles "remember password"

Once it would allow you to have some accounts with passwords remembered, and others that required them typed in to log in. You could log in to one that had the option checked, and then go to one that didn't, and the login page wouldn't try and force the check box on the one that other one.

A few months ago, this changed. Now if my wife logs in to her account, then logs out and I try and log in, the check box is entered onto my account, meaning that if I type up my password, it would be stored. Can this be fixed to remember a given account's preference?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Nothing has changed on the Login frame since April 16, 2009.

Looking at the code, if you ever log in with the "save password" box checked, we will dutifully save the password (encrypted) in GLOBAL_prefs.txt. The next time we build the list of accounts for the Login frame, we build the list of accounts from those that have ever logged in. If you select one of those that last logged in with the "save password" box checked, we preload the encrypted password and check the "save password" checkbox for you. If you select one that last logged in WITHOUT "save password" checked, we do not preload the password for you (since we don't have it) and we leave the "save password" box unchecked.

In either case, if you check the "save password" box, we will save the password when you log in.
In either case if you uncheck the "save password" box, we do not save the password when you log in.

To recap:

If you did not check "save password", we do not save it and the "save password" box comes up unchecked.
If you did check "save password", we do save it and the "save password" box comes up checked.

In other words, this behaves EXACTLY as you are requesting it to work.

I conclude that at some point several months ago when you typed your password, you also checked "save password" and KoLmafia has been dutifully following your instructions ever since.