Bug - Won't Fix Mouse Scrollwheel closes drop-down menus

goat314

Not sure which daily build this started with, but for some time now Mouse scrolling closes drop-down menus. Also with a closed (non-expanded) drop-down the it doesn't scroll item by item.

goat314

Sorry Windows 7 64 bit. It's only been about 2 weeks or so. Microsoft Intellipoint mouse drivers.

fxer

I've gotten this for awhile too, MS wireless mouse with Intellipoint 8 drivers. Using a generic Dell branded mouse the dropdowns scroll fine however. Win 7 64-bit

Theraze

It's almost certainly either a mouse driver or Java implementation issue... try installing new mouse drivers to start.

Rinn

Developer
Oh yeah look at that, it sure does. Weird.

I searched around and it looks like it's actually pretty common with java apps so I have to assume it's something weird with Java.

Last edited:

fxer

Something with java interacting with Intellipoint drivers? Java doesn't seem to have a problem with the other non Intellipoint mice I've tried

fxer

In the interest of this stuff showing up in search for the next guy who runs across it:

Tried a Logitech MX705 with the default microsoft drivers (HID-compliant mouse) and boxes scroll fine. I suppose I could test this further by uninstalling Intellipoint and seeing if the default drivers enable scrolling with the MS mouse...