Feature - Implemented Monorail breakfast counter spoiler text

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Using StringBuilder instead of StringBuffer is on the list of "lint" I will check for before checking in but I don't lint check code that doesn't compile :) For the record there are StringBuffer declarations that go back 2008.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
There, the it compiles, and is tested
I just got the same compile failure. Did you grab the wrong file or test in the IDE but not right from ant? In any event, don't worry. I'll fix isEmpty and continue my review. Might not get it done this evening but you can stand down momentarily if you want.

fredg1

Edit: I reverted the patch and get different errors so this might not be on you. Stand by since I have an appointment in 10 minutes and don't expect to resolve this first.

Edit again: My revert left the Monorail Manager file behind which surprised me but was the obvious source of the errors. Back to you.
maybe _this_ happened again? I clearly see the change in the patch

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
works for me from clean source with targets daily, debug, dist, test...

Code:
Michaels-MBP:projects mcroft$ mkdir KM-clean
Michaels-MBP:projects mcroft$ cd KM-clean/
Michaels-MBP:KM-clean mcroft$ svn co --username=madcarew svn+ssh://madcarew@svn.code.sf.net/p/kolmafia/code/ . >co.txt
Michaels-MBP:KM-clean mcroft$ svn patch ~/Downloads/monorail-2.patch .
U         src/data/defaults.txt
U         src/net/sourceforge/kolmafia/RequestEditorKit.java
U         src/net/sourceforge/kolmafia/session/ChoiceManager.java
A         src/net/sourceforge/kolmafia/session/MonorailManager.java
U         src/net/sourceforge/kolmafia/session/ValhallaManager.java
U         src/net/sourceforge/kolmafia/utilities/ChoiceUtilities.java
Michaels-MBP:KM-clean mcroft$ ant daily
Buildfile: /Users/mcroft/projects/KM-clean/build.xml
BUILD SUCCESSFUL
Total time: 19 seconds
Michaels-MBP:KM-clean mcroft$ java -jar dist/KoLmafia-20514M.jar

KoLmafia v20.7 r20514
Released on July 30, 2020

Currently Running on Mac OS X
Local Directory is /Users/mcroft/Library/Application Support/KoLmafia
Using Java 15.0.1

Michaels-MBP:KM-clean mcroft$ ant debug
jar:
      [jar] Building jar: /Users/mcroft/projects/KM-clean/dist/KoLmafia-20.7.jar

BUILD SUCCESSFUL
Total time: 11 seconds

Michaels-MBP:KM-clean mcroft$ ant test

test-compile:
    [javac] Compiling 4 source files to /Users/mcroft/projects/KM-clean/build

test:
    [junit] Running net.sourceforge.kolmafia.CustomScriptTest
    [junit] Testsuite: net.sourceforge.kolmafia.CustomScriptTest
    [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 1.486 sec
    [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 1.486 sec
    [junit]
    [junit] Running net.sourceforge.kolmafia.DataFileTest
    [junit] Testsuite: net.sourceforge.kolmafia.DataFileTest
    [junit] Tests run: 4, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.667 sec
    [junit] Tests run: 4, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.667 sec
    [junit]
    [junit] Running net.sourceforge.kolmafia.MaximizerTest
    [junit] Testsuite: net.sourceforge.kolmafia.MaximizerTest
    [junit] Tests run: 3, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 2.715 sec
    [junit] Tests run: 3, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 2.715 sec
    [junit]
    [junit] Running net.sourceforge.kolmafia.utilities.BooleanArrayTest
    [junit] Testsuite: net.sourceforge.kolmafia.utilities.BooleanArrayTest
    [junit] Tests run: 4, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.009 sec
    [junit] Tests run: 4, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.009 sec
    [junit]

BUILD SUCCESSFUL
Total time: 7 seconds
Michaels-MBP:KM-clean mcroft$ ant clean dist
Buildfile: /Users/mcroft/projects/KM-clean/build.xml

BUILD SUCCESSFUL
Total time: 26 seconds

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
r20515

StringBuider and some lint.

The neverendingparty spoilers may be wrong based on the quest. There are two instances of checking for the trash quest but one might be a copy/paste error and should be "meat" instead. Left it alone for now.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
This should be marked as Feature - Implemented , right?
Yep. Done. Sometimes I remember and sometimes I wait for feedback that nothing was broken.

May also have been hoping for a comment about the following, based upon experience and not code inspection :)

The neverendingparty spoilers may be wrong based on the quest. There are two instances of checking for the trash quest but one might be a copy/paste error and should be "meat" instead. Left it alone for now.

fredg1

Yep. Done. Sometimes I remember and sometimes I wait for feedback that nothing was broken.

May also have been hoping for a comment about the following, based upon experience and not code inspection :)
I didn't mind that, mostly because I couldn't understand what you meant. The spoilers themselves are hard-coded, so how can they be wrong "based on" something? Could you explain further?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I tend to ignore posts on a "please implement X" thread that say "oh, by the way, look at this bug in Y".