modifiers.txt

Metraxis

I've been slowly working up an accessible equipment map for my dynamic dresser to use, but I am far too lazy to type all of that in. What I'd like to do, therefore, is read in equipment.txt to populate the 'core' of the map, and then fill it it with entries from modifiers.txt. So the question is this:

Consider modifiers.txt. Begin by chopping out the Buff and Outfit sections, leaving only the equiment behind. In order to use file_to_map() on this truncated file, what does the record type need to look like?

Nightmist

You will probably be working with a record of 2 strings, (2 at current point of time due to double <tab> of some items in the modifiers.txt file).

I have a WIP version of a "internal datafile -> ASH Map" script which I started today, I'll do some more work on it before I post it up unless you want to see the semi-working version then just request. (Just remember theres certain things not listed in modifiers.dat such as +adv and +damage, or at least I don't think they are in there.)

Edit: Well okay, the file has been updated and "cleaned up" so a bulk of my script is redundant as it was mostly work arounds for the differences in the stored data but my script is posted up in here: http://kolmafia.us/index.php/topic,759.msg3645.html
Heh at the least it gives some idea of how to import internal datafiles into maps. (With the use of records)