Bug - Fixed Modifier Maximizer often causes "gray GUI" after calculating

matiash

I'm now using rev 10063, but this has been happening for a couple of weeks.

If I open the Modifier Maximizer window and type in something (say "mp") and press the Update button, it does its thing and seems to finish (no more "<X> combinations checked" messages are printed) but the UI doesn't reenable itself.

Typing "graygui" in the gCLI seems to get it unstuck with an "Unexpexcted error, debug log written", and the log text is:

Unexpected error, debug log printed.
class java.lang.Exception: null
java.lang.Exception
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestThread.openRequestSequence(RequestThread.java:181)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestThread.openRequestSequence(RequestThread.java:169)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.CommandDisplayFrame$CommandQueueHandler.run(CommandDisplayFrame.java:186)

If I run the optimizer again with the same optimization expression then it runs fine. But if I change it to something else, I get the same problem (not every time, but most times).

Best regards,
- Matias H.

Attachments

• DEBUG_20111204.txt
    9.1 KB · Views: 38

slyz

Developer
Are you sure the Maximizer gets stuck when you click the "update" button? We know there is a problem when you simply press the return key to start the maximization, but up to now using the button seemed to avoid that.

matiash

About the whole keypress/button click. Yes, that most certainly is it... though I hadn't noticed. That's why I said that the first time it freezed but subsequent times with the same expression it didn't... I always pressed Enter after typing but clicked on the button when doing it again... :)

Thank you very much for the fix.