Bug - Not A Bug modifier maximizer hates pvp

So, about 3 days ago, my maximizer decided it didn't know what "pvp fights" were. It was working fine until then, but now it just says "Unrecognized keyword".

Everything else I've tried works fine, but I can't get it to do PvP. "fites" gives the same error message. I tried running a debug log but literally the only thing in it (besides the timestamp) was the "Unrecognized keyword: pvp fights" line.

I even updated mafia and this issue came with me. Is mafia looking inside some file that I somehow messed up? "Modtrace pvp" works fine and lists my equipped PvP stuff as expected.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
It has been working fine for me. I'm pretty sure there isn't a data file you can change that could cause this.

I'm guessing "modtrace pvp fights" doesn't work?

The tables are still ugly (I've heard that this may be a Java issue though) but it works fine. Just the maximizer hates it.

So, I just tried using "maximize" and it gave me mixed results, I think.

Typing "maximize fights" or "maximize pvp" gave me this error:
Code:
Unable to meet all requirements via equipment changes.
See the Modifier Maximizer for further suggestions.

But typing "maximize pvp fights" actually worked, and then after that pvp fights worked in the maximizer. So... I guess my issue is resolved now. (Is there a reason I can't shorten it to pvp or fights in the maximizer?)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
But typing "maximize pvp fights" actually worked, and then after that pvp fights worked in the maximizer.
Yes, I would expect that to work, since the name of the modifier is "PvP Fights". If you look at the built-in list of suggested modifiers in the Maximizer frame, you will see "pvp fights". For convenience, I also added "fites", back in PVP season 1.

So... I guess my issue is resolved now.
Exactly. The modifier is named "PvP Fights", not "pvp" or "fights". If you give the correct name of the modifier, it works. If you give something else, it doesn't work. This would be Not A Bug.

(Is there a reason I can't shorten it to pvp or fights in the maximizer?)
Yes. The maximizer is not coded to do fuzzy matching. That may or may not be a good idea, but, you are welcome to make a Feature Request for that, where the up and downsides can be discussed.

Yes, I would expect that to work, since the name of the modifier is "PvP Fights". If you look at the built-in list of suggested modifiers in the Maximizer frame, you will see "pvp fights". For convenience, I also added "fites", back in PVP season 1.

Exactly. The modifier is named "PvP Fights", not "pvp" or "fights". If you give the correct name of the modifier, it works. If you give something else, it doesn't work. This would be Not A Bug.

In my OP, I mention that it worked for neither "pvp fights" nor "fites". Even when selecting pvp fights from the dropdown. Would those be bugs?

Yes. The maximizer is not coded to do fuzzy matching. That may or may not be a good idea, but, you are welcome to make a Feature Request for that, where the up and downsides can be discussed.

I shorten many other keywords without an issue, so it seemed to me that it is doing some sort of fuzzy matching. Is there like a substring match happening for certain keywords?

Darzil

Developer
Yeah, some stuff was coded in a different way to others. There is a startswith mox for example, whereas some other things require specific text.