Feature - Rejected Modifier Maximizer and variable effects

mstieler

I'm not sure just how this would go about working, but I was thinking the Maximizer could take variable effects when Maximizing.

For example:
I have 2 Mr A Jrs, a Wossname, and a Stinky Cheese eye (uncharged)

If I Maximize for +item, it equips the Jrs & Wossname, but not Eye, because it's at 1%, whereas 100 adventures later, it would be maxed at 20%.

Similarly, Love Songs go the same route, showing up at the very bottom of any Maximizer they're on, I'm guessing due to the minimum effect of them being +1 when they can range from +1 to +40 (depending on how many adventures and what effect you're looking to get).

I guess Love Songs could be sorted similarly to Hair Spray, Ben-Gal etc. as "N: Acquire and use 4 Love Song of X" where N is the maximum effect of that specific Song.

I'm sure there are other effects out there that function in similar ways (potions would seem to be the easiest to fix, as Love Songs), but I'm not sure just how well the Cheese items can function.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
You say potions would be easy, but how would bottle of bubbles and finance guides be handled? I kind of doubt there's any simple way to improve variable items with the maximizer. If you're in the middle of an ascension and only have 2 love songs, you can't use 4 of them; that's just one complicating factor off the top of my head.

roippi

Developer
Cheese items were implemented sometime in the intervening months in modifiers.txt.

I don't think the rest is possible. Going to reject.