Feature - Rejected Minimal chat posting

guyy

This is likely one of those things that will never happen, but I'll at least throw it out there.

Allowing strictly time-limited (to prevent spam) scripted chatting in non-clan channels (only clan channels and PMs are allowed right now, as far as I can tell) would be very useful. Even just one message per hour would be a huge step up from none at all. Limiting it to one message every X minutes, maybe X*2 for a repeat message, ought to make spamming a non-issue.

I'm asking mainly because of this thing--inability to post occasional /trade ads makes it almost useless, unless the player does that job manually, which sorta defeats the purpose--but I'm sure there would be other uses for this feature.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Stuff like this is part of why I don't bother /listening to /trade. If I did, this type of thing would lead to me using /ignore to make the channel usable.

guyy

The entire reason /trade exists is so that repetitive ad messages don't end up in other channels, where actual chatting takes place. It's not the greatest system, but it's all there really is these days. There's a trade forum, but between the deleted forums links and forums in general becoming disused, hardly anyone ever goes there.

I guess I'll just have to rebuild the script outside of Mafia, if I ever get around to that.