Bug Mini-browser buttons not functioning

Zitim

For the last couple months, buttons on the mini-browser haven't been working. Examples: the search buttons on mall.php or the item or skill buttons during combat. I click the button, and all I get is the same ding sound that Windows produces when you click on the wrong thing (e.g., outside a file open dialog box). Checking old builds on my hard drive, this started happening after 20937 but before 26073. If I close the mini-browser and open the relay browser, the corresponding buttons work.

Is it just me, or are others having this issue? I searched the forums and didn't see a post about this, but maybe I missed it.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
From the menu

General->Mini-Browser

It is basically a stripped down web browser. My recollection was that it was built in to mafia as a backup for users whose default system browser did not play nicely with KoLmafia. Those were the days when web servers had to support several incompatible but popular browsers. If it didn't work in the relay browser but did in the Mini-Browser that helped focus the investigation. It is also a good way to capture KoL html. There was talk of dropping it a long while back but the idea was dropped.

One such discussion buried in https://kolmafia.us/threads/revamping-the-kolmafia-toolbar.21231/