Bug Maximizer suggests Time-Twitching Toolbelt in HC

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
r26245 introduced a change to modifiers.txt put in an inline fn to determine if the time-twitching toolbelt was a free pull.
It was:
Item time-twitching toolbelt Muscle: +15, Mysticality: +15, Moxie: +15, Single Equip, Item Drop: [60*zone(Twitch)], Variable
it's now:
Item time-twitching toolbelt Muscle: +15, Mysticality: +15, Moxie: +15, Single Equip, Item Drop: [60*zone(Twitch)], Free Pull: [pref(timeTowerAvailable,true)]

This works for things like showing pulls and the inventory manager, but Maximizer doesn't respect it. It's fine in the GUI, because you can just ignore it, but it causes scripts that attempt to maximize (for example) mainstat to break, because they try to pull it and can't get it.

I've been advising people to override modifiers.txt, but that's not really a solution.

We could roll this back, but it might be better to fix maximizer.

Alium

I'm new to looking at Mafia code, but believe issue is function parseModifiers in Modifiers.java does not respect the pref, or perhaps any, inline function for boolean modifiers.

Ryo_Sangnoir

Developer
Staff member
I'm new to looking at Mafia code, but believe issue is function parseModifiers in Modifiers.java does not respect the pref, or perhaps any, inline function for boolean modifiers.
Looks like that to me. The issue isn't maximizer specific: StorageRequest.isFreePull(ItemPool.get(ItemPool.TIME_TWITCHING_TOOLBELT) always returns true, when it should normally be returning false.