Bug Maximizer suggests Clan VIP Furniture I Don't Have Access To

TomTomson

[KoLmafia r26660 Version main-9b39418 17.0.4)

The Maximizer tries to use "fortune buff [x]" when maximizing my stats even though my clan doesn't have this furniture. This causes scripts to fail awkwardly rather than simply moving on to the next item in the list, as shown below.

[10354] Fernswarthy's Basement (Level 393)
Buffed Moxie Test: 4,718 current, 4,632 needed
Basement level 394: Monster
Putting on outfit: damage
Equipment changed.
Maximizer: Muscle
Maximizing...
240 combinations checked, best score 4,153.00
Putting on barskin cloak...
Equipment changed.
Putting on Chester's muscle shirt...
Equipment changed.
Putting on sugar shorts...
Equipment changed.
Putting on V for Vivala mask...
Equipment changed.
Putting on depleted Grimacite weightlifting belt...
Equipment changed.
Putting on Hodgman's bow tie...
Equipment changed.
Visiting Fortune Teller in clan VIP lounge
Whoops! You're not actually in a choice adventure

This continues happening even if I manually go to the Maximizer and unselect "Other" from the filter list. It seems that scripts calling the maximizer do not respect these checkboxes.

Magus_Prime

With r26699, in a SC Fall of the Dinosaurs run, the Maximizer just recommended that I pick up a pale horse at The Horsery to get more cold resistance. This is directly from the Maximizer frame.

Edit: The Maximizer is suggesting The Horsery for many things.

Edit: Okay that was odd. I saw the same behavior today with r26703 and tried to determine when the change in behavior began. I went back to r26000 and checked KoLmafia versions in release increments of 100. I could not replicate the behavior. When I got back to r26703 the Maximizer showed the expected results. The Horsery is no longer recommended.

Last edited:

Ryo_Sangnoir

Developer
Staff member
Maximizer is also recommending that I create a barrel lid / carpe, despite those not being in standard.

For the horsery, r26683 changed the behaviour of looking at the Right Side of the Tracks to not set horseryAvailable to false if the horsery wasn't visible. So if you move from a state where you have the horsery to a state where you don't, Mafia still thinks you do. I suspect this is what's happening for the rest of the items as well.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
It’s an interesting question.
If you ever bought a horsery, you own it.
If you don’t see it, it is not available.
Break Ronin, Standard restrictions no longer apply, and it is available again.

But we only learn that if we go and look at the Right Side of the Tracks again after we break Ronin?

Seems like “I own a Horsery” and “my Horsery is no longer affected by Standard Restrictions” are different things.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
And what does that have to do with Clan VIP Furniture, which is (should be) strictly based on what we see when visiting the Clan VIP lounge, and is refreshed when we change clans? Maybe we need to re-visit the lounge when we break Ronin.

Although my observation that the clan fortune teller is recommended in a clan which has none has nothing to do with Ronin.

There seem to be multiple issues.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
KoL shows the Chateau and Spacegate whether or not they are in Standard. Try to visit them and “nobody goes there anymore”. How do we deal with that when Standard restriction no longer apply?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
The mazimizer will check whether campground or workshed items are present, for example, but nothing for the clan lounge, other than checking if you have a VIP key.

Pool Table
April Shower
Clan Swimming Pool
Clan Love Tester

also the ballpit and jukebox in the rumpus room, although those are also optional.

(I also noticed that it thinks you can get a spacegate vaccine via a portable Spacegate, which is not true.)

AlbinoRhino

The last couple of runs I've done with a character who doesn't have FantasyRealm, the maximizer (with 'creatable' enabled) has been suggesting creating and equipping FantasyRealm hats. Even if the character had the IotM, this is a standard run, so it should be doubly eliminated.

Adding a '-equip' parameter to the maximizer line allows the maximizer to choose a more appropriate best hat (i.e. there is a simple work-around).