New Content - Implemented Maximizer should account for WotSF Runs

bumcheekcity

I've found that the maximizer tries to equip weapons sometimes, and fails with the "empty hand can make a fist" error in a Fist run.

I suggest the maximizer should implicitly add -weapon -offhand if under those conditions, and abort if you specify a weapon/offhand/outfit-with-one-of-those be equipped in the maximize statement.

I'm just in the habit of addding in those triggers manually. And have a fistmax alias that is just maximize -offhand -weapon. Had to do this when using KFH before even the valhalla revamp. Not that I'd mind mafia automatically doing this in fistbang.

xKiv

Another way around this issue might be to pretend that all weapons and offhands have (in fist) required stat higher than what the character has.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 9788 makes EquipmentManager.canEquip() return false for weapons and offhands in Fistcore - which is effectively what xKiv suggested, since that is the function which enforces stat requirements.

Untested; I am out of Fistcore and will not be ascending for a long time, probably.

slyz

Developer
This works for the Maximizer, the Gear Changer and the ASH can_equip() function. I was pleased to see that even though the Weapon and Off-Hand drop-downs in the Gear Changer are empty, I can still equip weapons from the familiar equipment drop-down when using the Disembodied Hand.

This looks like it was a simple an elegant solution, thanks a lot.