Bug Maximizer drop-down resets to mainstat after updating results

Magus_Prime

With r27110 I noticed that the following:
  1. Open the Maximizer window
  2. Choose anything from the drop-down (or type anything free-hand)
  3. Click on the "Update" button
  4. Results are generated
  5. The drop-down resets to "mainstat" and any custom Maximizer strings are lost and no longer appear in the drop-down as a choice
The results generated are correct for whatever was chosen but the drop-down window changes back to the default of "mainstat". It didn't use to do this.
It is especially painful if you are testing a maximizer string and trying different permutations. Every time you hit "Update" you lose the maximizer string you were testing.

Ryo_Sangnoir

Developer
Staff member
Are you using garbo or autoscend or some other script that likes using very long maximizer strings? If so, trying resetting maximizerMRUList to the default (then restarting Mafia).

I don't know what causes this problem. Perhaps a semicolon is leaking out of an HTML entity and wrecking the parser?

Magus_Prime

I'm using the relay browser to play turns manually. I was trying to maximize things to get the familiar in the revamped 8-bit Realm.

Magus_Prime

Resetting the maximizerMRUList did the trick. Thank you.
Why it was necessary to do so is a whole 'nother question.

Edit: I ran autoscend today and checked after the day's turns had run and the issue has returned. At least now we can point to the source of the problem if not exactly why. Is there anything that I can do to assist in finding the root cause?

Last edited: