Maximizer commands

Donavin69

I've been looking for a 'list' of all available maximizer commands. I've been using Mafia, and scripting for a few years now, but still keep finding new ones that I didn't know about. Is there a central thread (or could one be made) that has a complete listing of all the available options? Lately I've been looking for commands to do things like passive damage, or better diver stuff.

Don

slyz

Developer
When you say "command", do you mean "modifiers"?

You can type modref in the gCLI to get a list.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Not sure what you are asking but the Maximizer's help button brings up a lot of good stuff. Perhaps this should be a FR to add things that are missing to that help?

Theraze

Just please don't make it a "add everything missing from the help into it" FReq and rather a specific request with a target that can actually be reached.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
More to the point, what specific questions are being asked that are not answered by the Help?

Donavin69

The specific question is "What maximizer syntax is available that isn't documented?"

That is exactly what I'm trying to find. I see maximizer syntax used in things like BumCheekAscend that I can't find documentation for, so I know there are options that I don't know about.

I looked at the modref, and there are a lot of things there that I'd like to be able to use the maximizer on, but there are also other things that maybe aren't tracked by Mafia currently that could have a feature request (but I think they would need a lot of support to get implemented, like Diving ability). With the completion of the Sea, and the new requirements in Dread, the new hidden city, the options like '+better diver', '+passive damage' or '+doctor' might be strongly desired. With additions to these, a thread (maybe a sticky?) to document all the maximizer options would be helpful.

I also find that when I use the maximizer, and need to have something specific, there should be a way to force it (i.e. maximize muscle, moxie, outfit Frat Warrior Fatigues) won't always equip the Frat Warrior Fatigues, I know that it uses some logic that if it doesn't increase the numbers it won't do it, but because of that I'll end up, unequip all, do my maximize, then equip the outfit manually causing a lot more server hits than an option in the maximizer to force something would (If I specifically say [maximize muscle, moxie, equip beer helmet, equip distressed denim pants, equip bejeweled pledge pin] it does work). I referenced this similar issue in an earlier report about the 'Switch' for familiars.

EDIT: I think I may understand some of the issues I've had, and based on the WIKI it looks like each of the ModRef options can be referenced directly, I just need to look at those more fully.

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
'+doctor'
That is 'surgeonosity', which needs adding to that huge block of Help text but does show up in modref.

I also find that when I use the maximizer, and need to have something specific, there should be a way to force it (i.e. maximize muscle, moxie, outfit Frat Warrior Fatigues) won't always equip the Frat Warrior Fatigues, I know that it uses some logic that if it doesn't increase the numbers it won't do it, but because of that I'll end up, unequip all, do my maximize, then equip the outfit manually causing a lot more server hits than an option in the maximizer to force something would (If I specifically say [maximize muscle, moxie, equip beer helmet, equip distressed denim pants, equip bejeweled pledge pin] it does work). I referenced this similar issue in an earlier report about the 'Switch' for familiars.
That sounds like a bug or a misunderstanding on your part. You can't use +outfit and +equip at the same time. Post a specific example with exactly what happens, maybe. The referenced bug report is irrelevant here since familiars are a special case, because there are a lot of familiars that do the same thing.

Theraze

Quite... my guess with the outfit thing is that you're doing it in conjunction with trying to equip a specific weapon or something else similar. You can manually equip that item and then avoid the slot, but otherwise...

Example that doesn't work:
maximize moxie, equip dodgeball, outfit gladiatorial

Example that does:
equip dodgeball
maximize moxie, -weapon, outfit gladiatorial

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
That is exactly what I'm trying to find. I see maximizer syntax used in things like BumCheekAscend that I can't find documentation for, so I know there are options that I don't know about.

Then the answer is that the item is already documented in Help or there needs to be a bug report noting that it isn't. So you could further the process of getting the Help up to date by mentioning the specific commands that you know work but are not in help. surgeonosity is one. Are there others?

Thank you.

slyz

Developer
I see maximizer syntax used in things like BumCheekAscend that I can't find documentation for
Such as?

I looked at the modref, and there are a lot of things there that I'd like to be able to use the maximizer on
You can use all the numerical and bitmap modifiers in a maximizer command.

I think there is a vocabulary problem in your question. The Maximizer maximizes whatever list of modifiers you give it, each mod[SUB]i[/SUB] with its own weight w[SUB]i[/SUB] (1 by default), and the result can be further refined by using commands:

maximize w[SUB]1[/SUB] mod[SUB]1[/SUB], ... , w[SUB]n[/SUB] mod[SUB]n[/SUB], command 1 arg[SUB]1[/SUB], ... , command m arg[SUB]m[/SUB]

When you say "command", we understand things like "switch", "equip", "offhand", "min" etc... Those are all documented in the Maximizer's help.

I think that what you mean is "modifier". These are all the quantities you can maximize. The maximizer understands any numeric or bitmap modifier that Mafia knows (the ones listed in modref).

I also find that when I use the maximizer, and need to have something specific, there should be a way to force it (i.e. maximize muscle, moxie, outfit Frat Warrior Fatigues) won't always equip the Frat Warrior Fatigues
I think that counts as a bug. Do you have a more specific example I could reproduce?

Donavin69

I've tested a few other times, and haven't had the issue, maybe when I've noticed it I was doing as lostcalpolydude, and Theraze suggested that I was equipping a specific item at the time as well.

As I mentioned in the earlier post, knowing that the ModRef options can all be referenced as "modifiers" as you called them, is a major help. I do agree that my vocabulary may have been the issue of confusion in the original post.

Thank you everyone. Surgeonosity....interesting name, not one I would have naturally thought of.