Bug Maximize Items counts Kung Fu Hustler bonuses when equipping Weapons or Offhands

The Captain

I was playing around with maximizing items with the advent of the Frosty Halo, and noticed that when I took off all my equipment and familiars, I had +80% Items, 20% of which should be from Expert Timing. When I put on the bounty hunting rig, this shoots up to 145% Shouldn't 20% of that be lost due to being armed?

Full disclosure: All of my bonuses come from Mad Looting Skillz, Natural Born Scrabbler, Powers of Observation, Expert Timing, Phat Loot Lyric, and Le Mie Cose Favorite which should add up to 80%.

Edit: Oh, sorry about the new thread, I was too dumb to note this one. =I

Last edited:
I was playing around with maximizing items with the advent of the Frosty Halo, and noticed that when I took off all my equipment and familiars, I had +80% Items, 20% of which should be from Expert Timing. When I put on the bounty hunting rig, this shoots up to 145% Shouldn't 20% of that be lost due to being armed?

Full disclosure: All of my bonuses come from Mad Looting Skillz, Natural Born Scrabbler, Powers of Observation, Expert Timing, Phat Loot Lyric, and Le Mie Cose Favorite which should add up to 80%.

Edit: Oh, sorry about the new thread, I was too dumb to note this one. =I
Well, the KFH effect is still there, and stays there until you actually go into a combat. In an ascension context there is no situation where +items helps you outside of combats, but during the Valhalla Invasion the bonewall was a noncombat that could give you better results with more +items.

I know that the modifier still suggests weapons and halos simultaneously. I've also noticed recently that it is frequently failing to equip an appropriate item in an accessory slot. I do "maximize item" in the CLI, and it is tending to leave Uncle Hobo's Epic Beard on one of my characters, and I've seen it equip Hodgman's bowtie on another. This despite that there are items such as the wossname and Baron's monocle unequipped and in inventory. Both characters have some halos in inventory, so it might be possible that it is rejecting the halo as incompatible, and subsequently failing to equip an item in that slot at all. Opening up the maximizer window reveals that it actually suggests the beard or whatever remain equipped, so the logic error occurs before then. Neither of the characters I see this occur on have KFH, and have never been in Kung Fu core (or even done an ascension in the last few years).

slyz

Developer
Maybe merging these threads was a mistake, I misread the title. Unmerging, if I manage to find the option.

I can imagine one situation where having KFH +init and equipping a weapon could be relevant: rolling the dice on that last modern zombie. The intrinsic would increase your odds of getting it (but wouldn't guarantee it most likely), and if you happened to have a weapon with +initiative then you'd be able to increase your odds a little further. It's possible to get such a weapon in-run, or to simply pull one in softcore, though it'd be a pretty marginal gain, if not an average loss.