Feature - Rejected mall shopping enhancement - search by store instead of item

Currently in the Purchases tab, you can easily search on and buy items from multiple stores. Occasionally I run across a store that's having a nice min meat sale on a number of items and it would be nice if a feature was introduced whereby you could just list and purchase contents of a single store. so rather than search by item, search by store. Would make it much easier to go down the list in mafia than it is to do via relay browser.

anyway just a suggestion.

Thanks!

i'll check that out, though that only helps if they are online and chatting, no? i've never used chat in mafia itself, so i may be missing something else obvious. either way, if the functionality is already there to display contents of a players store, a simple text box or something to enter their name maybe on the Purchases tab would be very useful, i think.

Grotfang

Developer
Chat is pretty customizable in mafia. Simply select at the top what you want to happen on a click, and then click away! If you know the name of the player, it is fairly simple to navigate to their store via chat. A /whois and then clicking their name will do it, regardless of them being online or not. As for store names... do you remember store names typically? How would you find out they were doing a min-meat sale? In the native KoL interface as well as the mafia one you have to actually enter the store to see what else they are selling. If that is something you are into, you're probably better served in the relay browser anyways, no?

yeah, thats true, except in relay browser you need to have it reload the store inventory each time, find the appropriate radio, button click it and then scroll down to the quantity box if buying more than one, etc... with mafia as a simplicity tool that allows you to buy more than 1 item "at a time" via multi-selecting, it would be much easier. definitely not the most important request being made this year, but i think more than I would find it useful. maybe.

oh and i guess i didnt mean store name, but player name. i do see how a whois basically gets you that same thing so maybe that's the no-coding-needed solution.

Last edited: