Bug Mafia's Modifier Maximizer works too long

After some changes (somewhere in this year) I stumbled into unexpected behavior of Maximizer. I am hoarder, so keep everything (different) in my inventory, just in case. And I am twelve years here, and have a couple of IOTMs too. And up to 2021 any maximizing taken about 500-600 thousands of iterations, and so about a minute to make.

In early March (and up today) this value suddenly arisen to much bigger numbers.

Meat, for example:
11888100 combinations checked, best score 655.00

I had flags "creatable" and "don't check mall". Creatable is mistake, but even with "on hand" set, it will be comparable combination numbers.

Items maximizing is less (about 8M), but still too much.

It's all about equipment - if I remove it from consideration, maximizer finish momentary.

What changed here? Can it be further optimized (I tried -tie key, and it made results even worse)?

P.S. Also, I am curious about "First time it can take for a while" message of maximizer. For me it always takes the same time (slightly less if I already equipped some recommended items, but not very different. Like, 8M combinations instead 11M). Was it different before?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
There were some bugs fixed recently in maximizer. I'm relying on memory but one involved the Buddy Bjorn and the other with a weapon slot. That could certainly increase the number of combinations considered.

I am not sure what the "first time" message was intended to convey. I can't recall ever noticing things were faster the second time. I would imaging there is some caching somewhere but it may be the message should be changed.

VladYvhuce

I am not sure what the "first time" message was intended to convey. I can't recall ever noticing things were faster the second time. I would imaging there is some caching somewhere but it may be the message should be changed.
I always took this to mean: "if you happen to get something that ups the count after the initial search, the second one will take less time". Example: I sometimes forget to do the Bastille Battalion to get the driving gloves, and do a +adventures search. Then, I equip all the stuff, go back to relay browser and get them. Then, run the same search, it takes noticeably less time to swap out one accessory with the driving gloves in the list.