Bug - Fixed Mafia thinks PYEC disappears from inventory when used

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
A clannie's been bugging me about this for a while. Two things I noticed when I finally got around trying to reproduce today:

1. Yes, it does seem to happen; it also happens with eternal car battery (another mp, reusable item)
2. Mafia thinks PYECs are multi-usable, even though they aren't. Not entirely sure if this is relevant.

Steps to reproduce:
<acquire platinum yendorian express card>
inv platinum
use pyec
inv platinum

edit: oh, and if you've already used your daily use and Mafia's not letting you use it, just use from relay browser.

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
Curious, both marked reusable so shouldn't ever be used up, and neither marked multi-usable.

Can't replicate as I'm not in aftercore.

Edit - Actually, have an alt in aftercore. Cannot replicate on them.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
It's marked as an mp item - which are multiusable by default.
It is also marked as reusable.

I suspect it should be marked as "mp, usable, reusable" and that UseItemRequest.getConsumptionType might need some tweaking to check for REUSABLE first or something.

My clan has a PYEC and I can check it out when I free the king, but considering I will be spending a lot of turns on the battlefield this run, it will be a while before I get there.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Hm, this is weird. I logged back on after seeing Darzil's report, couldn't reproduce. Then I logged onto another character, farmed up a car battery, and could reproduce. I then shut down Mafia, started it back out, logged back into that second character, and could no longer reproduce. Checking with a third char to see if shutting down Mafia is relevant, or just the relogging.

Perhaps it only happens with items that you acquired this session?

Bale: I'd get you a debug log, but I won't have a sane setup for that for the next few days. Do you happen to know how to enable debug logging via just the CLI?

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Thanks, Veracity. I'm not sure what you can get out of this, aside from "yes, eternal car battery is removed from Mafia's view of the inventory when it's used".

Attachments

• DEBUG_20140110.txt
    5.9 KB · Views: 85

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
OK, it looks like UseItemRequest.parseConsumption will (correctly) not remove an item from inventory if its primary usage is "reusable", but never checks for the secondary usage. Should be an easy fix. I'll try it out soon, after I'm done looking for other PYEC issues...

2xMachina

Well, now my mafia r14363 won't autobuy recovery items. Or let me buy it either (buy 100 knob eyedrop gives unavailable). Fold cheese eye also fails.

Using an older version now (57) and its OK.