Bug - Not A Bug Mafia not remembering which familiar has familiar equipment

matt.chugg

Found this running autoscend but believe it to be a mafia bug as it's replicable via the CLI, (or I've misunderstood the correct behaviour)

r20598
HC TT

Code:
> familiar leprechaun

Putting Tobert    the Melodramedary back into terrarium...
Taking 002 the Leprechaun out    of terrarium...
Requests complete.

> equip    mini crystal ball

Putting on miniature crystal ball...
Equipment    changed.

> familiar sombrero

Putting    002 the Leprechaun back into terrarium...
Taking 018 the Hovering    Sombrero out of terrarium...
Requests complete.

>    equip mini crystal ball

Stealing miniature crystal ball from    Blazing Flake the Garbage Fire...
Unequipping Blazing Flake the Garbage    Fire...
Familiar request unsuccessful.
Putting    on miniature crystal ball...
You don't have the item    you're trying to equip.

I probably did have the crystal ball on the garbage fire earlier, but I think mafia should have recognised it going on the leprechaun and steal it to put on the sombrero ?

matt.chugg

Created and checked a debug log, looks like it will be relevant

I think the java.lang.NullPointerException occured when I unequipped the crystal ball in the relay browser before perfoming the same cli commands

Attachments

• DEBUG_20210105.txt
    50.6 KB · Views: 4

matt.chugg

second debug log showing just the unequip in relay browser

Attachments

• DEBUG_20210105.txt
    145.6 KB · Views: 4

gausie

D̰͕̝͚̤̥̙̐̇̑͗̒e͍͔͎͈͔ͥ̉̔̅́̈l̠̪̜͓̲ͧ̍̈́͛v̻̾ͤe͗̃ͥ̐̊ͬp̔͒ͪ
Staff member
I wasn't able to reproduce this with some quick testing just now. The NEP is strange - to get a null there mafia would need to not have loaded the list of familiars properly or you'd need to be in an avatar path or something

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
Not that this is it, but we should eliminate the possibility.

I've personally had problems with Java 8 older than 151 (or 162? not sure...).

Can you reproduce this on something newer? There are significant changes between 1.8.112 (10/2016) and current 1.8.271 (10/2020).

matt.chugg

... need to be in an avatar path or something..

Standard Path

Can you reproduce this on something newer?

I'm on a different box now which has 1.8.0_271 I cannot reproduce now, will check again on work box tomorrow, but the fact I can't reproduce this myself now probably indicates it's a local issue of some sort

matt.chugg

Updated Java, everything working fine today, Stupidly I didn't attempt to replicate before updating, I don't really see that the java version would cause this but something local must have done

I've also realised I may have done something possibly even more dumb yesterday, I went from finishing a HC run, freeing king, running aftercore and starting a new HC run in the same mafia session. I imagine this should be perfectly possible, but I normally ascend in relay browser then restart mafia.

I'll do the same again in a couple of days when I finish this run and see if the same thing happens again on day 1 - I'm wondering if familiar equipment isn't reset/re-examined on ascension, but if that was the case someone would have run into it by now?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
For a very long time I would finish a run in mafia, do aftercore, ascend via relay and start the new run in one mafia session.

I have been noticing some inventory and other hiccups because KoL and KoLmafia are working out what is actually out of Standard, so you may have just seen a side effect.

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
Updated Java, everything working fine today, Stupidly I didn't attempt to replicate before updating, I don't really see that the java version would cause this but something local must have done
You can have multiple JRE/JDKs on your system, and use JAVA_HOME to switch between them. Might be useful in a couple of days.

YPMV, but this is my personal hot mess...
Rich (BB code):
Michaels-MBP:data mcroft$ /usr/libexec/java_home -V
Matching Java Virtual Machines (6):
    15.0.1 (x86_64) "AdoptOpenJDK" - "AdoptOpenJDK 15" /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/adoptopenjdk-15.jdk/Contents/Home
    15 (x86_64) "AdoptOpenJDK" - "AdoptOpenJDK (OpenJ9) 15" /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/adoptopenjdk-15-openj9.jdk/Contents/Home
    13.0.2 (x86_64) "AdoptOpenJDK" - "AdoptOpenJDK (OpenJ9) 13" /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/adoptopenjdk-13-openj9.jdk/Contents/Home
    10.0.1 (x86_64) "Oracle Corporation" - "Java SE 10.0.1" /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-10.0.1.jdk/Contents/Home
    1.8.271.09 (x86_64) "Oracle Corporation" - "Java" /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home
    1.8.0_201 (x86_64) "Oracle Corporation" - "Java SE 8" /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_201.jdk/Contents/Home

matt.chugg

Ended a HC run, ran aftercore, started new HC run today on home computer, all working fine

Must have been something local, clearly not something affecting the entire user base.

Marking as not-a-bug.