Bug - Not A Bug mafia not giving me my preternatural greed?

not, i've been meat grinding since this christmas, summing the #2 demon, preternatural greed, no problem, but after the server change, i had to download the new update, and now i can't get any of my summons to work. same exact settings - i just put the new one in the same folder as the last one, been doing this for many updates, and now, same demon name usage, but getting different results, one acount yesterday got the pie demon name, that's when i noticed something wrong. the kicker is, that using 'demons' command displays my demons names, and they are the same in my notes for each character. any idea of the problem, or the solution?

Bale

Minion
Actually, exxyle has already summarized the part of that thread which answers leeman27534's question. He said, "They haven't said what they're going to do to fix/compensate us yet." That's the answer.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
This is a pretty "annoying" change on KoL because you can have old demon names in limbo and then go and re-discover them (which I will not do, Bale - not even the Greed demon :p) and have a functional name - and if they fix the issue by rolling back to the old names, KoLmafia has the new name saved for you and you need to either manually restore it or go and discover it yet again.

I'd be tempted to add code to do something like this:

if you discover a demon name and we think you already know it, save both names
if you want to summon a demon and there are two names, try to use the second one
(if KoL rolls back) if you try to summon with the second name and it fails, remove the second name

... or something like that. But that's a lot of extra work to try to workaround KoL's current state when there will be an unknown change coming, eventually. There will almost certainly be something different in KoL to deal with this, since they won't want to harm either those who had old names and don't want to go learn the new versions or those who have the new names and don't want to go and learn the old versions.

If I had to guess, they'll implement BOTH versions and let you use either name to get a particular demon.

yeah, heard elsewhere that jick pretty much said "nope, deal with it" so... im looking into the damn spooky forest now. and wasn't the post like 11 pages of random people saying stuff about it, postulating? but i got an answer, even if it isn't one i wanted to hear, nor anyone, really. what about all those people who had all the demon names? they really got screwed, cause two that i know of were from limited time content.

GValko

They're now stored in the quest log as well.

I won't know if they're differentiated by effects until tomorrow though.

Catch-22

If I had to guess, they'll implement BOTH versions and let you use either name to get a particular demon.

July 04 - The Summoning Chamber has been recalibrated to accept both pre and post-fire demon names. They will also be reflected in your quest journal once used. Yeti and Pen Pal names did not survive.

GValko

You have invoked 2 demons:
·Wait'baz'chak, the Deadest Beat
·Gar'zuulziel, the Smith

Deadest Beat is Prenatural Greed, Smith is Pleasures of the Flesh

Tatter doesn't show up in the quest log.

Last edited: