Mafia + GM issue

dawdawdo

Hi folks,

I posted about this a while ago, but I was wondering if someone could help me determine what is actually causing the problem.

When I have Mafia + GM running on Firefox, the browser crashes after about ten clicks or so. Changing any of the parameters alleviates the problem. That is, using IE, turning off GM, or not using Mafia. Only when I use all three do I get the crash. I've tried re-installing Java, Firefox, and GM, using the modified GM from a few months ago, and using the latest daily release of Mafia. Even if I can't fix it, Id just like to know what's causing it. Can anyone help a brotha out?

Also, is this something I can/should fill out a bugfix request for? Thanks all.

Cams

(copypaste from that thread)
If you want to use an old version of addons, go to about:config and set extensions.checkCompatibility to false (you may have to create this boolean).

Do that and install earlier version of GM, the one before Jan 2009. This seemed to help me. Managed to spend 200+ adventures (manually) and do other normal KoL stuff without a single freeze! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions how to proceed.

EDIT: Link for older versions of GM
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addons/versions/748#version-0.8.20090123.1

Last edited:

dawdawdo

I give this a tentative "thumbs up." It has worked with very light testing so far... Thanks a lot everyone.