Bug - Fixed Mafia fails to detect when it has the wrong MP cost for the next libram summon

If mafia doesn't see some of your libram summons (say, because you logged in on one machine earlier in the day with a breakfast routine that summons, then used a different machine later), it will constantly have the wrong expected MP cost for the next libram summon. Even when it fails during MP burning and finds out it doesn't have enough MP to summon the next one, it will abort but not correct itself. In certain situations it will also attempt to buy more MP during mana burning in order to make a cast (thus wasting meat), make that cast, see it still has MP to burn, so attempts to cast again and then fails and aborts. Which is super bizarre.

Anyway, I'd really appreciate it if this was fixed and mafia would update itself when it finds out it has the wrong MP cost for librams. It's been doing this for years now.

Here's a sample bit of CLI demonstrating this behavior:

Code:
Casting Summon Party Favor 1 times...
You acquire an item: divine noisemaker
Summon Party Favor was successfully cast.
Using 7 magical mystery juice...
You gain 180 Mana Points
Finished using 7 magical mystery juice.
Searching for "magical mystery juice"...
Purchasing magical mystery juice (30 @ 100)...
You acquire magical mystery juice (30)
You spent 3,000 Meat
Purchases complete.
Using 4 magical mystery juice...
You gain 104 Mana Points
Finished using 4 magical mystery juice.
Casting Summon Love Song 1 times...
Not enough mana to cast Summon Love Song.

icon315

How are you using it in 2 machines? have mafia on both machines, but with different folders? a USB?

icon315

If you want to do this you have to use the same files, by saving everything on a flash drive, or synchronizing across multiple computers using dropbox

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
How do you suggest that it "correct itself"? Go look at the bookshelf, I guess. If you do that yourself, it will "correct itself".

Could it also be made to correct itself when the skills menu ( or skills.php is accessed; I usually just click the skills link, with my top set to have text links) is brought up? I usually do that hoping mafia will correct from there, but it never does (so why I still do it is a mystery). Didn't think to check the bookshelf.

Otherwise, if it detects that librams aren't costing what it thinks, it should check the bookshelf? Then it can either figure out what the correct number of casts done today is, or note that there's an unexpected MP reduction happening. That last thing would presumably be the wrench in the works, should they ever implement a hidden -MP Cost effect in the future, or any other reduction mafia wouldn't be able to automatically recognize.