Bug - Not A Bug Mafia doesn't think I have Map The Monsters skill

VladYvhuce

As of the past couple of days, I've been unable to cast Map The Monsters, either from mafia or manually. I keep getting told I don't have the skill. I am using r20750. I have created a debug log (see attached file).

Attachments

• DEBUG_20210606.txt
    8.9 KB · Views: 9

gausie

D̰͕̝͚̤̥̙̐̇̑͗̒e͍͔͎͈͔ͥ̉̔̅́̈l̠̪̜͓̲ͧ̍̈́͛v̻̾ͤe͗̃ͥ̐̊ͬp̔͒ͪ
Staff member
Retrieving server reply
ResponseText has 598 characters.
<script type="text/javascript">top.charpane.location.href="charpane.php";</script><script type="text/javascript">if (window.updateInv) updateInv([])</script><script type="text/javascript">if (!window.updateInv && parent.mainpane.updateInv) parent.mainpane.updateInv([])</script><center><table width=95% cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td style="color: white;" align=center bgcolor=blue><b>Results:</b></td></tr><tr><td style="padding: 5px; border: 1px solid blue;"><center><table><tr><td>You don't have that skill.</td></tr></table></center></td></tr><tr><td height=4></td></tr></table></center>
Processing results...
That skill is unavailable.
Looks like KoL agrees with us :)

VladYvhuce

The problem is that I -do- have the skill. I've been able to use it today, before rollover. Which, I hadn't actually changed anything. Possibly the fact that I'd shut the computer down overnight and logged back in during the day cleared it up, or something? I'm not tech-savvy enough to read debug logs.

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
Well, what that's showing us is that KoLmafia made a request to KoL or your behalf to cast that skill 1 time, and the response back from KoL was "You don't have that skill."

So it may have just been intermittent weirdness on the part of KoL.

But what's interesting is that at some point KoLmafia thought you had that skill, because it presented it to you to run. Or likely did. How were you executing it?

VladYvhuce

I first tried using the skill casting tab in Mafia's interface. Then, when that didn't work, tried manually in the relay browser. Then, did the debug when the second method failed, using the mafia skill casting again. So yeah, the skill was showing up in both the mafia and browser skill lists. But apparently, KOL didn't want me to use it that night. Afterward, I shut down the computer for the night, and the next day, was able to use the skill normally again, as if the weirdness hadn't happened. I had gotten out of ronin that night, so I wonder if perhaps that caused some sort of oddity? I've gotten into the habit of exiting mafia and re-logging in after exiting ronin, due to the skills weirdness mafia has with that.

VladYvhuce

Good to know. That make the issue make more sense, then. It could be that that was the cause of the issue, then.