Bug - Fixed Mafia believes Chinatown Shops are always available in r13110

Theraze

I haven't done any of the jar quests yet (or whatever unlocks the Chinatown shops, but I think it's part of one of those quests) but mafia believes that I can buy the furry pink pillow. It shows up on the purchases tab as available for 500 meat, but fails if I try to buy it, and mafia believes that it should be able to create a furry brown pillow (per crafting_ideas script).
Verifying ingredients for furry brown pillow (1)...
Purchasing furry pink pillow (1 @ 500)...
Desired purchase quantity not reached (wanted 1, got 0)
You need 1 more furry pink pillow to continue.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
13111 fixes this most of the time. If you use a jar, mafia will still incorrectly think you can access the shop before you unlock it.

Theraze

Thanks. Enough to make it not confused for me, though for people actively completing jars they may still get slightly incorrect info. :) But hey, improvements! Yay!

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Big yawn.

Until the shop was added, it never occurred to you to go to the shop, did it?
Now that the shop is available, hey! when you intentionally do something you know won't work, surprise! It doesn't work!

You know you can't get to the shop.
Don't do things that you know will try to go to the shop.

Fluxxdog

The shop actually becomes available after you've gotten the strange goggles. Since it's a quest item, it should help to check for a Shady jar and the goggles.

Theraze

Until the shop was added, it never occurred to you to go to the shop, did it?
Now that the shop is available, hey! when you intentionally do something you know won't work, surprise! It doesn't work!

You know you can't get to the shop.
Don't do things that you know will try to go to the shop.

I'm actually not doing anything manually... I just run the crafting_ideas script which looks for every available item in inventory or npc stores which I can currently make. When Chinatown was marked as always available, it suddenly started trying to auto-craft from there... I didn't intentionally tell it to do anything. It's a standard part of my pre-ascension to get a few more discoveries that I have the parts for and haven't actually intentionally tried to make in the past...

Anyways, thanks lost!