Bug - Not A Bug Mafia automation goof in palindome

VladYvhuce

Using build r26298.

I managed to get and use "I Love Me, Vol I" and use it before automating the search for the palindome quest items. Mafia obtained the pictures as normal, but failed to recognize that Dr Awkward's office was open, and thus that I had already gotten the book, and proceeded to keep looking for said book.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryo_Sangnoir

Developer
Staff member
I think you're using goals, in which case the goal works as written: it checks whether you have "I Love Me, Vol I" in inventory, and you did not.

If you don't want to do that, set a goal without that in the text.

VladYvhuce

Noted. But it does seem odd to me. I'll try to remember not to use the book prior to having the pictures, then...

Ryo_Sangnoir

Developer
Staff member
You can adjust the goal text to not mention the book.

Check the checkbox, which allows selecting the dropdown and modifying it, then remove the book from the text, then adventure.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Noted. But it does seem odd to me. I'll try to remember not to use the book prior to having the pictures, then...
I'm sorry it "seems odd" to you, but it is still doing EXACTLY what you told it to do.
You told it to adventure until it got "I Love Me, Vol I" into inventory.
It did what you told it do. Unfortunately, it failed to fulfill your goal.
It is Not A Bug if KoLmafia does EXACTLY what you told it to do.

Perhaps we need a "User Error" resolution for Bug Reports?
Or, perhaps, EBCAD? :)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
What does EBCAD mean?

Of course you could have searched yourself :)

VladYvhuce

I'm wary of looking up acronyms on the internet... Often, I wind up finding things the posters definitely weren't intending.