Bug - Fixed Mafia Auto Updater Broken

Alium

The mafia auto updater I use broke. Noticed issue today, but could have become broken earlier. Haven't used it in a few days. Worked at the start of the week though.

Seemingly something with Jenkins changed. Coming here to confirm the change was intentional. If it was, then the updater needs updating.

Here is the line the updater errored at:

And this is the site it is parsing, which presumably changed:

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
Jenkins yes must have changed something that your launcher was working for. I semi-regularly update it to keep ahead of any kind of security vulnerabilities.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Also, technically this isn't a Mafia bug so much as a change in infrastructure combined with a third-party tool relying on an unstable implicit API, namely the HTML formatting of the current version of Jenkins. (If I felt strongly enough, I'd move this thread to the Community Support section, or maybe Unofficial Builds.)

Using the official Github API is definitely a big improvement on that front, in that Github commits to maintaining that API and telling people when a backwards-incompatible change is about to occur (typically with significant advance notice).

Tombot

Not to complain but this update downloader seems a bit overwrought, all of the Auto downloaders I used just checks to see what the latest version is and then downloads it and removes the old one. This one wants me to download SDK kits and then install everything in a new folder and I don't even know why.