Feature - Implemented Lunch Break Support

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I would like Lunch Break included as either a Breakfast option or a Daily Deed option.

This is somewhat of a placeholder because it appears that DoctorRotelle is reworking Daily Deeds. If the rework doesn't add it then I can. I presume that DD is preferred over Breakfast but have no strong preference myself.

StDoodle

Minion
Daily Deed I can see, but Breakfast doesn't seem like a good idea in-run at least, as the food you get seems to be level-dependent (so you'd want to use it as late as possible in the day). I understand the desire for options and all, I'd just hate to see someone get pissed because mafia "made" them summon lower-level food than it "should" have.

slyz

Developer
On the other hand, Breakfast already has options for once-a-day summoning skills (pastamastery, cocktailcrafting, saucecrafting, crimbo candy...)

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
You get just as much out of casting those at the start of the day as you do at the end of the day. Controlling when you spend the MP is the only reason to wait on them.

Rinn

Developer
Daily Deed I can see, but Breakfast doesn't seem like a good idea in-run at least, as the food you get seems to be level-dependent (so you'd want to use it as late as possible in the day). I understand the desire for options and all, I'd just hate to see someone get pissed because mafia "made" them summon lower-level food than it "should" have.
Are you sure? I think the food item is generated when you open the sack lunch, not when it's summoned. I don't know if anyone has spaded that yet so don't quote me on it.

StDoodle

Minion
Hmm, it's not up (that I can find) on KoLspading yet... probably not enough people have it permed. But you're probably right; it seems like it would be much easier to code on KoL's end to make the decision when the sack is opened, rather than when it's summoned. So I withdraw my concern.

Edit to add: when the change is made, if we could get a user pref. along the lines of "_sackLunch" that would be awesome.

Last edited:

Fluxxdog

Actually, the the pref should be "_lunchBreak" since there doesn't seem to be any info as to whether you can use more than one sack lunch at a time. In other words, can you cast Lunch Break if you already have a sack lunch? I put a query on the wiki.

DoctorRotelle

Developer
Considering the lack of spading, I'm going to hold off adding any such support to Daily Deeds, for now. I only added the spell casting to my personal login script and hadn't considered adding it to DD, tbh. Adding it should be a simple once we have it spaded properly.

StDoodle

Minion
Er yeah, I don't need a pref. to track the sacks themselves; but it's pretty well known that it's one cast per day, and that's the part I'd like a preference for (whether or not you've cast it yet today). Also, the ability to cast the skill regardless of what's in your inventory seems to be well known; at least enough that it's on its main page of the wiki, not just discussion.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Just to clarify, r8890 did not actually add Lunch Break as a breakfast or DD option. I'll continue the discussion here.