Bug - Not A Bug Login doesn't work anymore. KoLmafia v15.6 r11538

Catch-22

Not many things could actually cause this exception.

First guess would be that your file access permissions aren't quite right, I'm not sure why that would suddenly start happening though. Have you recently moved your KoLmafia folder?

Make sure you have KoLmafia in a folder that has write permission so that it can set/save preferences properly. In Windows 7, the easiest way to do this is to just place it in your user folders, like "C:\users\Nanimonai\Documents\KoLmafia", which by default allows write permission.

Let us know how you go, it might be something else.

Nanimonai

I did move the jar file into an empty folder on my desktop, after i was told from my clan's mafia profi that something in the folder where i usually have said jar might be broken. But the only thing that changed when i moved the jar into that folder on the desktop was that i got said debug file.
Now that i put the jar into a new folder in documents, it still skips to request complete without login in, but this time i don't get any debug file. At least i don't see any in the folder or the sub folders present.

The only debug file i have in my original Kol folder is something about an horrible relay failure. But i remember being able to login at that time. The inability to login came a couple days afterwards.
KoLmafia v15.4 r11393
Horrible relay failure
class java.lang.NullPointerException: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.webui.RelayAgent.sendServerResponse(RelayAgent.java:549)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.webui.RelayAgent.performRelay(RelayAgent.java:160)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.webui.RelayAgent.run(RelayAgent.java:132)
Horrible relay failure

Could there be a connection between this relay failure and the login problem?

Catch-22

Could there be a connection between this relay failure and the login problem?

No, I don't think these two are related.

Please tell us your operating system.

It's Windows 7, that's why my advice was Windows 7 centric :)

I note that you are running Java 7, whilst I don't have a problem with this (I am also running Java 7), the official stance of the developers, according to Roippi, is that you should be using Java 6.

Edit: Also, it should probably be mentioned that (at least from the debug log) it appears you are trying to run KoLmafia in CLI mode, is that your intention?

Edit 2: As far as I can tell, the exception appears to be occurring either when the user name or password is being read into the CLI, is there anything particularly out of the ordinary with either of these in your case?

Last edited:

Nanimonai

What is a profi?

Maybe i should rephrase that: Before i posted here i asked the person in my clan which knows most about mafia and hoped that with his help i could solve the problem. Also that's from where i got asked to try login in via gCLI.
The normal way of logging in isn't working either.
Ok, i'll go and get Java 6 and try if that works.

Edot: Oh my .. next time i shall read all the stickies ... it works now that i deinstalled 7 and went back to Java 6. Thanks for helping me out.

Last edited:

Catch-22

Oh my .. next time i shall read all the stickies ... it works now that i deinstalled 7 and went back to Java 6. Thanks for helping me out.

*shrug* Perhaps it was a problem with your Java installation and simply reinstalling is what did the trick. Glad you got it sorted though!