Bug - Not A Bug L'il Xenomorph with Tophat isn't affecting +items

Fessor_Eli

I'm running r9731, but this also is happening when I run v14.7 exe and some random versions between. When I equip tophat and cane on my L'il Xenomorph, nothing changes in the Item: +**% . I double-checked and I still have Java 6. I have equipped and unequipped using both the Gear Changer and relay browser. Other fairies affect the +item. Any ideas?

roippi

Developer
Can you do the following in the CLI:

Code:
> familiar none

> modtrace fairy

> familiar xeno

> unequip tiny top hat

> modtrace fairy

> equip tiny top hat

> modtrace fairy

Fessor_Eli

1. I discovered it works the way it should on my wife's laptop.
2. I tried your code, roippi and it didn't change anything. Still not working on my desktop.
Thanks for the idea, though.

Winterbay

2. I tried your code, roippi and it didn't change anything. Still not working on my desktop.
Thanks for the idea, though.

I don't think that was the point. The point was to discover what those command showed and see what could be a problem.

Fessor_Eli

Misunderstood. Cut and paste is below. Not sure what it means. The part about sourceFairy, etc., were in a table.

> familiar none

Putting Adrakhones the Li'l Xenomorph back into terrarium...
Requests complete.

> modtrace fairy

sourceFairy EffectivenessFairy

> familiar xeno

Taking Adrakhones the Li'l Xenomorph out of terrarium...
Requests complete.

> unequip tiny top hat

Taking off tiny top hat and cane...
Equipment changed.

> modtrace fairy

> equip tiny top hat

Putting on tiny top hat and cane...
Equipment changed.

> modtrace fairy

Theraze

One more thing to try... type update clear into the gCLI and reboot mafia. It's not supposed to still get override files, but you might be one of the last of them...

Fessor_Eli

Thanks for the effort. Tried the update command. Still not working. I'm getting decent drops, so I assume it's working properly in-game, just not showing up as a stat. Any other ideas are welcome, as I am an intelligent novice at code.

Fessor_Eli

I solved the problem by running a new copy of the .jar in a new folder and copying over the session files from the old folder. I don't know what that did, but it worked. The only thing I lost was the fortune cookie timer, but the new /timer helps me plan for tomorrow. Thanks for the willingness to help.

Theraze

Okay... and to be specific, it's not 'update' but 'update clear' (both words) to get rid of stale override files that should have removed themselves. Anyways, happy that it's fixed. Bug close someone, probably not a bug?