Bug - Fixed L12 Quest Status Incorrect for Ed

Alium

Autoscend users are reporting that the property questL12War is being set to step1 before it should be. Only have heard reports of this being an issue for Ed. I ran an alt in Ed and came across the issue as well. This was from my log when the script visited the council right after getting to level 10

Code:
Preference lastCouncilVisit changed from 9 to 10
Preference questL10Garbage changed from unstarted to step1
Preference questL12War changed from unstarted to step1

I expect questL12War to go unstarted->started-step1 based on the other logs I looked at. My own logs show that Mafia v26300 did not have this issue. v26338 does. A user said they update Maifa daily and first saw this issue 4/5 or so.

Took a look through autoscend code and it never sets this property, only reads it. Very well could be a script issue though. Let me know if I can provide any more information.

Bombastus

I ran into this problem as well, also in an Ed run. I had locketed an LFM and copied 4 times, so I had all the barrels needed. I ran into a loop where it kept trying to cash in the barrels at level 10.

Code:
You gain a Level!
> [DEBUG] Running auto_post_adv.ash
> [INFO] Turn(66): Starting with 182 left at Level: 10
> [INFO] Encounter: 0.0   Exp Bonus: 135.399
> [INFO] Meat Drop: 0.0     Item Drop: 100.0
> [INFO] HP: 138/148, MP: 628/629, Meat: 1992
> [INFO] Tummy: 0/5 Liver: 0/0 Spleen: 25/25
> [INFO] ML: 116 control: 10
> [INFO] Everything Looks Yellow: 21
> [INFO] Ka Coins: 24 Lashes used: 0
> [INFO] Delay between adventures... beep boop...
Preference questL12War changed from unstarted to step1

equip acc1 bejeweled pledge pin
> [DEBUG] Removing "-equip bejeweled pledge pin" from current maximizer statement
> [DEBUG] Adding "-acc1" to current maximizer statement

Visiting the lighthouse keeper with 5 barrels of gunpowder.

GeminiRai

src/data/questscouncil.txt line 320, 49970f990b9 2022-04-03 14:53:27 -0400 320) questL12War<TAB>step1<TAB>started<TAB>Excellent....(actual quest text)

Level 10 quest text for Ed the undying: "It seems that there is a castle in the clouds above the Kingdom, occupied by a band of giants. They started throwing their trash overboard, for some reason. The adventurer was able to put a stop to this, though I have not learned how."

I'm guessing this is the problem.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Somebody - whom I cannot identify from their GitHub name - submitted a fix, which looked correct, so I approved and merged it.

GeminiRai

Excellent! Truly a grand mystery. And I can confirm the fix is now in the latest build, aaaand that the problem no longer appears.

> debug on

> debug off

Attachments

• DEBUG_20220414.txt
    197.6 KB · Views: 1