Bug - Fixed Kung Fu effect warning in r11317 and Itznotyerzitz Mine in disguise

Magus_Prime

I like the idea behind this change but when when in the Itznotyerzitz Mine in disguise the warning occurs every time you try to mine a square.

Same thing when opening The Goatlet.

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I guess this means isNoncombatsOnly needs some updating, which I won't be able to look into until tomorrow. I'm not surprised about opening the goatlet; that case seems hard to fix unless the entire zone is erroneously excluded. Mining surprises me though.

Bale

Minion
Goatlet is no big deal since you only have to approve it once. The problem is having to approve adventuring before every single square of mining.

Don't worry about the Goatlet. Just fix the mine, please.

Theraze

Question on the goatlet/mining issue... does this happen if you're automating? If I'm running BCA or the Rinn scripts or something and using unarmed, I don't want it aborting for the goatlet unlocking adventure...

Bale

Minion
Nope. The change is only in RelayRequest. It's just a warning screen in the relay browser.

Theraze

Spiffy. Then this is delightful. :)

And probably same overrides are needed for the other two mines.

Bale

Minion
Only one other mine. Nobody cares about the Gummi Mine anymore. Or is there another mine I forgot about besides Anemone Mine. (I still can't look at that name without cracking a smile.)

Bale

Minion
OH! I did forget a mine. It's always amusing when 13 minutes pass without an answer and then two people reply within the same minute.

Theraze

Heh. Would have been first, but your response made me feel the need to validate on the Wiki that nobody had thrown a big "REMOVED" flag on top of the page. :) Ah well, ninja-ed. :(

Bale

Minion
The problem about opening the Goatlet is now irrelevant. The Goatlet no longer needs to be opened. All credit to Jick for fixing that bug.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
It turns out that the stuff that updates isNonCombatsOnly isn't even run for relay requests, and that value is only used for relay requests, so it has always been useless. Locally, I have RelayRequest actually checking the combat rate now, and I added the mines so their combat rate of 0% is known (though mafia lets you try to adventure in those areas, and that leads to an infinite (abortable) loop of doing nothing). I need to add in the check for wandering monsters still, and then remove some unused code from KoLAdventure, which I should be able to finish tomorrow.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member

Once I tried actually removing isNonCombatsOnly from KoLAdventure, I quickly discovered that I was wrong about it not being useful there. The mines are in the list of zones for adventuring; mafia will abort if you try to auto-adventure in them. That looked necessary for adding a 0% combat rate entry. Adding automated mining in a way that's at least slightly intelligent about going for ore isn't something I want to do, so I don't know if there's a better solution for that.