New Content KoL just broke Transcendent Olfaction

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
New KoL bug.

December 27 - Transcendent Olfaction should no longer show up in your skills list if you already have the current monster olfacted. This does not presage anything ominous. Certainly it does not.

Observation:

On the Trail expires. No monster is currently olfacted.
The previously olfacted monster shows up. Transcendent Olfaction is not available in the skill dropdown of the fight page.
Kill the monster.
A different monster shows up. Transcendent Olfaction is available in the skill dropdown of the fight page.
Kill the monster.
The previously olfacted monster shows up. Transcendent Olfaction is not available in the skill dropdown of the fight page.

Broken as hell.
Bug reported.

Beware. Turn burning scripts that olfact will break big time.

katyarn

There's also a new On the Trail effect. Not sure if this is going to replace the old one. It is currently wishable.

Code:
--------------------
2694 On the Trail snout.gif 519edacbd99d93658cc2ef05bd6baefb neutral none
# Effect On the Trail
--------------------

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I'm working on an adjustment to handle this:

FightRequest currently parses the skill dropdown and updates KoLConstant.availableCombatSkills.
I've changed places where FightRequest and Macrofier check Transcendent Olfaction to use availableCombatSkill, not haveSkill.
And I added a new ASH function - boolean available_combat_skill( skill ).

Seems to be behaving OK in the browser; stationary button "olfact" button is disabled if the skill is not available in combat, regardless of On the Trail.

Now I'll fix VMF to use available_combat_skill in its combat filters and see how that works out.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Seems to work. On the other hand, KoL seems to have fixed its bug; once On the Trail goes away, Transcendent Olfaction shows up in the combat skill dropdown, no matter which monster it is.

I still like the available_combat_skill ASH function, but do we need the changes to FightRequest and the Macrofier?
Probably not.