KeepingTabs - a simple inventory management script

https://github.com/loathers/keeping-tabs

Keeping Tabs on your Items​

This is a script to manage your inventory for the KoLMafia client for the web browser game Kingdom of Loathing.

How to install​

Code:
git checkout https://github.com/loathers/keeping-tabs.git release

How to use​

Using the native KoL interface, create native tabs to match the specific actions that you want to complete. The names of the tab must match exactly the format of
Code:
action:options

Enabling "favorites"​

In order to use this script, you must enable favorites. This can be found by going to the Options button in KoL, then clicking the Inventory Submenu. Under the heading "Right Click", there is a checkbox that says "Add to Favorites (inventory only)". Clicking this check box adds an option when right clicking an item in your inventory.

Now you can add "favorites" tabs by going to your inventory and clicking "[+]" next to "[recent items]". After creating the tab, if you need to change its name you can click on the tab and click "rename".

Naming Tabs​

When naming a tab, you specify what to do with all items in that tab by naming the tab
Code:
action:options

Actions​

• mall
    • This will add the item to your mall store
  • autosell
    • This will autosell the item
  • sell
    • This will either autosell the item or add it to your mall store. It will add it to your mall store only if there are less than 1000 stocked at autosell price
  • use
    • This will use the item
  • display
    • This will add the item to your display case
  • closet
    • This will add the item to your closet
  • kmail
    • This will Kmail the item to the specified user (all items will be in a batch). A #target option must be specified.
  • fuel
    • This will convert items in this tab into Asdon Martin fuel

Options​

All options are supported in all tabs, unless specified. They are white space sensitive, so < 100 is not the same as <100. Multiple options can be supplied by providing a comma seperated list.

• keepN
    • Keeps N copies of the item after running
  • <N
    • Only performs the given operation on items that have a mallPrice that is less than N
  • >N
    • Only performs the given operation on items that hvae a mallPrice that is greater than N
  • #target
    • (only supported by kmail) to whom to send the kmail. Can be player name or player ID number
  • body=text
    • (only supported by kmail) the text of the kmail to send

Examples​

autosell:keep10: Autosell all items but keep 10 of each item.

kmail:#sellbot,<1000: Kmail any item with mallPrice < 1000 to sellbot.

mall:>1000,<10000: Mall any item worth more than 1000 and less than 10000.

Aliasing​

Sometimes the names for tabs can get long, and make the right click menu hard to use. In this case, you can provide aliases for your tab actions in your Quest Log notes section. They should be provided in the following format:

keeping-tabs: alias=tabtitle

Where alias should be a title consisting of only alphanumeric characters, spaces, or -, and tabtitle should be a valid tab name from the previous section (See "Naming Tabs")

Running​

After adding your items to the favorite tabs in the game, just run hte command keeping-tabs on the command line. By default, it will run the command groups in the order use mall autosell display kmail

You can also specify which group of actions you want run, and which order you'd like to run them in, for example keeping-tabs use mall kmail would, in order, use items in the use tab, add all items in the mall tab to your mall store, and kmail all items specified in any kmail tabs to the matching users

Last edited:
Big update to this script. I wrote some extensive documentation, added a bunch of features (which should all be in the documentation above). This is intended to be a lightweight replacement to other inventory management scripts. The big selling points are using the KoL UI means that you can customize it exactly as you would otherwise, and the configuration itself, so you can play with it across multiple devices.

I updated the script to support aliases in your quest log because I was tired of having really long tab titles.
In my quest log, I now have
Code:
keeping-tabs: smashbot=kmail:#smashbot,body=wads

GwynMyrddin

I would love to try this but when I click the link you've given to install I get an error:

410​

Feature Gone

Sorry, but this feature has been retired. Check out the GitHub Blog for more information.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
According to the actual repo, try:
Code:

GwynMyrddin

Sorry, I'm feeling kinda dumb at the moment. That looks like a command line - the URL doesn't go anywhere other than the main repository. I can download the files, but I have no idea how to actually install the script. I'm not familiar with GitHub at all I'm afraid.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Sorry, I'm feeling kinda dumb at the moment. That looks like a command line - the URL doesn't go anywhere other than the main repository. I can download the files, but I have no idea how to actually install the script. I'm not familiar with GitHub at all I'm afraid.

Enter

Code:

in the KoLmafia command line to install it. After that ???

What happened is I moved the repo to the organization, and broke some stuff. I thought everything I wrote would be transparent, but I am going to go ahead and update the thread here. Someone was supposed to update the readme but they haven't done it yet

GwynMyrddin

Enter

Code:

in the KoLmafia command line to install it. After that ???
Thank you! For some reason, I had it in my mind that it had to be installed separately, not from within KOLMafia and I couldn't figure out how to do that. Definitely feel dumb now, but it looks like it worked :)

GwynMyrddin

I'm not sure at what point something got broken, as I have not tried to use this in a few days, but when I tried today it was no longer in my script list. In an attempt to fix things, I used git delete and then did the checkout again, but although it seemed to check out fine it is still not in my script list and I can't call it using the CLI. The keeping-tabs folder in KolMafia/scripts is completely empty. I tried reverting from 27553 to 27551 since that was the version I was using last time I know it ran properly, but I still had the same problem.

Please tell me there's an easy fix - I have no idea what happened between the last time I used it (Tuesday, I think?) and today, but I absolutely love this script and would hate to lose it. I've attached the debug file from an attempt to delete and reinstall so you can see what it's doing, although I don't know how helpful it is. Let me know if there's any more information I can get to you. Thanks!

Attachments

• DEBUG_20230825_1.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 1
I'm not sure at what point something got broken, as I have not tried to use this in a few days, but when I tried today it was no longer in my script list. In an attempt to fix things, I used git delete and then did the checkout again, but although it seemed to check out fine it is still not in my script list and I can't call it using the CLI. The keeping-tabs folder in KolMafia/scripts is completely empty. I tried reverting from 27553 to 27551 since that was the version I was using last time I know it ran properly, but I still had the same problem.

Please tell me there's an easy fix - I have no idea what happened between the last time I used it (Tuesday, I think?) and today, but I absolutely love this script and would hate to lose it. I've attached the debug file from an attempt to delete and reinstall so you can see what it's doing, although I don't know how helpful it is. Let me know if there's any more information I can get to you. Thanks!
Sorry about that! It should be fixed now. Please do a git update and try again :). I will make sure you can use this