Bug - Won't Fix Jewel-Eye hat removed from hatrack for casting buffs, but not returned

Hi - i'm guessing this is unintended. When I use the JEW hat on the hatrack mafia will remove it for me (so i can wear it) when casting buffs, however when the buff casts are done the hat is not returned to the hatrack, it just gets put back into my regular inventory. Seems like it should return it to the hatrack.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I'm guessing it went unnoticed for so long because very few people use a JEW on a hatrack. Since you have a hobo monkey and enough skills for sympathy/empathy/leash and fireworks, I'm surprised you use it. (For those wondering, it's a x5 volleychaun capped at 2 lbs.)

That doesn't make it not a bug, it just makes the bug low priority.

hehehe understandable

i don't use it for the meat generation, it was all about meat i'd use the monkey for sure...

i use it at early levels cuz i'm lazy and prefer to simply work with my hatrack over micromanaging familiars. at low levels the volleychaun aspect comes in handy, as does the damage it does. noodles keep me alive, and the hat helps me kill stuff that i couldn't otherwise kill with high +ML. I suppose I could level up a volleyball in the early game, and then switch later, i just hate wasting familiar experience on something i won't use for long.

i'm sure at some point i'll delve into some more complicated strategy so i can do better than 4 day (so so close to 3 recently) but in the meantime...

low priority indeed, just wanted to be sure it wasn't just me being oblivious to a setting or something.

Last edited: