Is there a way to tell where buy() bought from?

Is there a way to tell, after the fact, where the buy() function purchased its items?

I see this in my session log:
Code:
buy [i]XXXXXX[/i] for [i]XXXXXX[/i] each from [i]XXXXXXX[/i] on 20151020

Is it safe to assume that that third field is the player ID from whom I purchased the item?

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Without looking at the code, which I am pretty sure I am to blame for, the last value is the store ID that you made the purchase from. I'm curious enough to check but I am lazy enough to not make a special case for NPC stores and that message is "buy 22 magical mystery juice for 100 each from Gouda's Grimoire and Grocery" so I am pretty certain it is the store ID and not the player. I seem to recall that at the time the id was what was in the URL and it was more than I felt like doing to grab the name, given the id.

Ah, I see what you're saying. The store ID is in the URL.

But isn't the store ID coincidentally identical to the player ID? It looks that way in your case and in my case, at least.

If store IDs are potentially different, that would be very exciting. The whole motivation for my question is that lazy scripting just caused me to blow a bunch of meat on wildly overpriced crap, and I'm hoping to ask the sellers if they'll buy it back. If store ID == player ID, then the players in question haven't logged in in years. So if the IDs are different, I might have a chance! Heh.

Last edited: