New Content - Implemented IOTM - May 2021 - Shortest-Order Cook

Crowther

I don't have turns for the arena, but here is the info for the item, the familiar, a potion and the potion's effect.

Familiar weight gain messages. It gives weight to the previous familiar, even if that familiar wasn't used in combat.
Gruddeus shouts "Order up! Hipster mothers sunny side up, split the diff!" and tosses a plate of food to Trick-or-Treating Tot, who gains 1 exp!
Gruddeus shouts "Order up! Two Irish mothers buckling onions, half crying!" and tosses a plate of food to Trick-or-Treating Tot, who gains 1 exp!
Gruddeus shouts "Order up! Two greased necks in the sky, scrape of Goldthwait!" and tosses a plate of food to Trick-or-Treating Tot, who gains 1 exp!
Gruddeus shouts "Order up! Hipster juice over easy, extra jungle!" and tosses a plate of food to Trick-or-Treating Tot, who gains 1 exp!

Switching familiars gave me this message:
Gruddeus shouts "Order up for the new guy! Sharpened steak down the hatch, hide the ketchup, with a side of cup of stick over the moon!" and tosses a plate of food to Tubert, who gains a bunch of experience!

The familiar went from 16 to 97 experience.

Attachments

• short.txt
    657 bytes · Views: 1
Last edited:

gausie

D̰͕̝͚̤̥̙̐̇̑͗̒e͍͔͎͈͔ͥ̉̔̅́̈l̠̪̜͓̲ͧ̍̈́͛v̻̾ͤe͗̃ͥ̐̊ͬp̔͒ͪ
Staff member
First blush of support in r20711

Crowther

Results for Shorter-Order Cook after 10 trials using 120 turns:

Contest XP[1] XP[2] XP[3] Original Rank Derived Rank
Ultimate Cage Match
22​
37​
50​
0​
3​
Scavenger Hunt
21​
37​
48​
0​
3​
Obstacle Course
50​
40​
15​
0​
1​
Hide and Seek
46​
15​
0​
0​
1​

gausie

Staff member
Results for Shorter-Order Cook after 10 trials using 120 turns:

Contest XP[1] XP[2] XP[3] Original Rank Derived Rank
Ultimate Cage Match
22​
37​
50​
0​
3​
Scavenger Hunt
21​
37​
48​
0​
3​
Obstacle Course
50​
40​
15​
0​
1​
Hide and Seek
46​
15​
0​
0​
1​
r20713 - thank you! We need this for the ghosts too I think

Malibu Stacey

Short White is showing up in the maximizer as giving +10 familiar weight to all familiars which doesn't appear to be the case on the in-game description

1620191844551.png
I think it may have been mistaken for the effect Shortly Stacked from the Short stack of pancakes (which does give +10 familiar weight and "Your familiar will always act in combat")

philmasterplus

Shorter-Order Cook is marked as combat0,delevel in familiars.txt. Since it also deals prismatic damage and drops items, could we add combat1,drop to its type?

gausie

Staff member
Done in r20781 and marking this as implemented

Erosion

_shortOrderCookCharge seems to be incorrect. The pref resets to 0 when you receive any drop, rather than cycling through its 5 drops. I don't think this is relevant for ascension anymore, but there will likely be A Guy who will want to track the drop cycle.
Additionally, the charge does not get reset on rollover.

I assume resetting to 0 when you receive any drop is intended; given that it can give a drop at either 9 or 11, depending upon the blue plate, having it cycle through all 5 seems bad.

I assume intended behavior is to use that in conjunction with $familiar[shorter-order cook].drops_today, but, as you pointed out, these things _don't_ reset on RO.

To track the drops across RO we'd need a new pref. We could either have it count up the total number of shortcook drops and reset on ascension, do that but mod it by 5, or track the last itemId or item name that it has dropped.

I'm not sure which answer is most consistent with kolmafia's code, or which answer is most helpful for scripts. Tracking just the last drop has the benefit of being extremely reliable if a user decides to go rogue and play turns outside of mafia, or if something like april fools messes with tracking.