Feature - Implemented In Skill Casting tab, don't show skills you cannot cast again today

Darzil

Developer
Am considering changing Skill Casting tab to not show skills that have already been cast (as I believe we cannot grey them out as is done by KoL in relay browser). I think this would most help on the Summoning skills, to show which have not yet been used. Maybe I should instead only make it affect Summoning filter ?

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
I'd prefer not showing them to graying them out, but either way this would be a great feature.

Darzil

Developer
I'd prefer not showing them to graying them out, but either way this would be a great feature.

I can see it both ways, but suspect we are more likely to get bugs submitted for "X not showing" if they were removed rather than being greyed out.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I would also expect to see bug reports: "I have skill X. Why can't I see it in KoLmafia?"

Darzil

Developer
r12972.

Am planning to take a look at max casts stuff generally at some point. There are two many variants and too much similar code (which I have just added to). The one just added checks for hitting daily limits (and could be mainly converted into a data file, as it currently uses a data structure). There is then another that checks for the max you can cast given current inventory, and a third that checks for the max you can cast given current inventory and current MP. I'm sure this can be greatly slimmed down into a series of functions that call each other, possibly based on a daily limits data file, which would reduce the code needed.

I'm sure there are more efficient ways to do what I did, but this was my first mucking around with DisabledItemsComboBox and Listeners.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I like it, but noticed a glitch.

- Advanced Cocktailcrafting is a 1/day skill. I had not used it yet.
- I see it on the list of skills. It is black.
- I select Advanced Cocktailcrafting
- I click the "cast" button
- KoLmafia casts the skill

Advanced Cocktailcrafting is still the selected skill - and it is black. If I click on the arrow to open the dropdown of skills, there it is - in grey - in its usual spot in the list of skills. If I select another skill, I cannot go back to Advanced Cocktailcrafting, since it is disabled. That is correct behavior.

If casting a skill uses up its last daily casting, perhaps the list should no longer have a skill selected.