Bug - Cannot Reproduce In-Game Combat Macros not functioning correctly

Cait

I created an inherent Combat Macro to automate the first couple of turns of battle. Whenever I enter a battle and click on a macro, I get kicked back to main.php. If the macro completed the battle, there's no internal acknowledgement of the results of the battle, though the game updates my xp, meat, adventures left, et al. If it doesn't complete the battle, I get redirected to the fight page again, which Mafia treats a new fight; I tested this with a macro that only casts Entangling Noodles, and I got cycled back into the battle with Mafia not recognizing that anything had happened.

Winterbay

How have you implemented this macro? As a CCS? As a macro called form the relay browser? As a macro that gets called as an autoattack?
I've been using macros quite a lot and it's been working perfectly so I think a bit more information about what you did may be useful.

slyz

Developer
And could you copy here your Macro (as defined in KoL), and the gCLI output you get when using it (copy the output for the whole fight)?

Cait

Name: Saucery
Script: skill Entangling Noodles
skill Wave of Sauce
skill Saucegeyser

[857] Themthar Hills
Encounter: dirty thieving brigand
Round 0: cait wins initiative!
You lose 60 hit points
Round 1: cait executes a macro!

bigisland.php?place=nunnery

use 1 green candy heart

bigisland.php?place=nunnery&action=nuns&pwd=[OBFUSCATED]

[858] Themthar Hills
You lose 60 hit points
Round 2: cait executes a macro!

bigisland.php?place=nunnery

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
FWIW, the "pwd" that you "obfusticated" is the password hash that was valid for that specific session. As soon as you logged off, it was gone, invalid, never to be useful again.

Cait

Fair enough, except that I haven't logged off that session yet. I find it's still good practice to sanitize things like that anyway, just in case. If there was critical information that would diagnose what went wrong there, my bad.

Winterbay

With that same Macro from the drop down, at the Themthar Hills I get:
Code:
[805] Themthar Hills
Encounter: dirty thieving brigand
Round 0:     winterbay wins initiative!
You lose 73 hit points
Round     1: winterbay executes a macro!
Round 1: winterbay casts ENTANGLING     NOODLES!
Round 2: winterbay casts WAVE OF SAUCE!
Round 3: dirty     thieving brigand takes 95 damage.
You gain 16 hit points
You gain 5     Mana Points
You acquire an effect: Burning Soul (duration: 1 Adventure)
Round     3: winterbay casts SAUCEGEYSER!
Round 4: dirty thieving brigand takes     194 damage.
You gain 29 hit points
You gain 8 Mana Points
You     gain 40 Mana Points
Round 4: winterbay wins the fight!
After Battle:     Arog flits around like a hummingbird on crack, helping you pick stuff up.
The     nuns take 8,546 Meat; 8,546 recovered, 91,454 left to recover.
You gain     12 Strongness
You gain 27 Mysteriousness
You gain 11 Sarcasm

No idea what happened to you...

Darzil

Developer
There was an awful lot of game lag for a lot of people yesterday, starting mid afternoon UK time.