How do I script non-philanthropic buff requests?

kadan

Hi! I'm working on a script and at the end I send meat to buffbots to get buffs.

I found a thread on the CSEND command that replaces the philanthropic buff request with the closes non-philanthropic buff.

From that thread I now understand that scripts are forbidden from requesting philanthropic buffs. I got it and I am not going to fight it.

So with that said, how do I script non-philanthropic buff requests? I tried using CSEND with the correct non-philanthropic buff request

from script
csend 80 meat to iocainebot

Which is the amount for 20 turns of non-phianthropic ode.

However that results in the following in the session log...
sendmessage.php?action=send&towho=792443&message=Keep+the+contents+of+this+message+top-sekrit%2C+ultra+hush-hush.&sendmeat=80&pwd
town_sendgift.php?action=Yep.&towho=792443&note=Keep+the+contents+of+this+message+top-sekrit%2C+ultra+hush-hush.&insidenote=Keep+the+contents+of+this+message+top-sekrit%2C+ultra+hush-hush.&whichpackage=1&fromwhere=0&sendmeat=80&pwd

...Why does the non-philanthropic buff request result in a gift package (50 meat) being sent with the same amount of meat (80 meat?)

p.s. Is this the right place to ask this questions?
p.p.s what is comment character for scripting?

Bale

Minion
csend works just fine for me. At least it has worked perfectly in the past. The only way I can imagine this failing is if you are in hardcore. If you (or your recipient) is in hardcore, then it will use a package.

PS. This is the right place for such questions.

PPS. Comments are everything on the line after #

kadan

I'm using KoLMafia 13.5 Jar. Neither I nor Iocainebot is in hardcore.

Thanks for the comment comment.

DaMaster0

I am not sure why csend doesn't work, but you could always use zarqon's send_kmail function. It's in zlib.

Hmm, I ran the exact same line of code and it only sent 80 meat for me

And here's my session log:

sendmessage.php?action=send&towho=792443&message=Keep+the+contents+of+this+message+top-sekrit%2C+ultra+hush-hush.&sendmeat=80&pwd

Are you having the same problem with other buffs from this bot? or with buffs from other bots?

kadan

Thanks for checking it out.

It may be a 13.5 issue as I ran the same line, from a script, on 13.4 and didn't have the package being sent.

On 13.5 the package was sent when csend'ing to both Testudinata and Iocainebot. The package was sent when the csend was from the command line as well as from a script.